Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw a news break and can't believe what I heard. The head honcho of the NAACP in Atlanta is defending Michael Vicks right to return to the NFL career that he has thrown away saying we should all support his rehabilitation and rights. His RIGHTS! What about the rights those 50+ dogs had to live life without fear, pain or fighting? Last night on TV a basketball player(missed the name or team) stated that the crime was no different from hunting and that everyone should remember that dog fighting is a sport! Sport for WHO? So help me even though we love football if Vick is reinstated I will never watch the NFL again or support it in any fashion! Sorry don't mean to rant and rave but this is unreal. :evil:

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
That's crazy!? I can't believe those people aren't getting "crap" for stating what they stated! It's NOT A SPORT...it's ILLEGAL!! What RIGHTS??? AND WHAT REHABILITATIOIN!??????? It's not like BEING AN ALCOHOLIC!?????

I agree though if Vick is reinstated with the NFL will have made the biggest mistake ever. I think it would be just as bad to reinstate some one who was a pedifile. It's not the crime... well to an extent... it's the LACK OF MORAL VALUES!!

They have nothing but "oldies" at half time shows now because of the JT and Janet Jackson thing... which I thought they went a little over board with. They talk about how it's A FAMILY SPORT and they've cracked down  A LOT on their players. Yet you still hear that people are suspended for drunk driving and crashing their vehicle while under the influence... etc. ARRGHHHH... I better stop!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
That is unreal and rediculous!!!!!! What the hell? A sport? To who.........drug dealers? This Michael Vick guy is getting on my nerves and I have NO IDEA who he is except a loser and shuold be thrown in a cage and left to die! If I ever saw him Id take a big bat and wack him a few times! Ok Im not really a violent person but people like that just tick me off! Just because hes "famous" he just gets a slap on the hand! :evil:

·
Registered
135 Posts
I can't think of the basketball players name right now either, but I did hear about him defending Vick.  Maybe the NAACP is getting some additional exposure by defending Vick.  I think its great they fight for rights and unfair treatment but Vick shouldn't be one to get their support.  The dogs were still living breathing creatures.  Dog fighting is not a sport when the end results in death.  Would a football game be just a sport when the players start being killed because they suck.  Hunting can't even be compared to having to dogs rip the crap out of eachother too.  I'm sure he will get what he deserves.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Turning racial!? How am I not surprised!!!!?

OMG!! That link has just REALLY TICKED ME OFF!!!

"he helped kill dogs that didn't fight well and that the three men "executed approximately eight dogs" in ways that included hanging and drowning"
I MEAN WHO THE FRACK DOES THIS!!!!

I mean not that it's right no matter what... but there is some kind of "joy" to killing those dogs if they can't just shoot them... but instead HANG AND DROWN!????????
:aua:  I think THEY should be hung!  :hang:  :hang:  :hang:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Just goes to show it's not what you know, it's who you know.  I'm so @#$%^ off....."he made a mistake and he should be able to redeem himself".  A mistake is doing something once and being sorry for it.  He maliciously mamed and murdered innocent animals that had no say in what happened to them.  That's not a mistake that was his chosen sport.  That's like saying Jeffrey Dommer made a mistake.   And to play the racial card is ridiculous.   I wonder what kind of sentence you or I would get if we made that kind of mistake.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Who should be hung? I guess I didn't see where it was a racial thing. I saw that the NAACP spoke up, but not a question of his skin color? I'm not saying that I agree with them, b/c I feel he should get the max penalty, but I don't see it as a racial thing.

·
Registered
165 Posts
my blood is boiling over the Vick issue.  The NAACP should not even have spoken out in any way over this issue.  To compare dog fighting to hunting is absolute stupidity. Gambling is the real reason behind the dogfights.  People earn a huge living off of this so called "sport".
Hunting is very common in my area.  All the hunters I know, including DH & dad, would never allow an animal to suffer and they consume the food..no hunter kills an animal just to kill.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
It's not racial like a lot of cases... they are not coming out and saying.... "Oh it's cuz' he's black..." It's the simple fact to me at least that the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is standing up for him. EVEN THE NFL  ISN'T DOING THAT!!!

R.L. White, president of the Atlanta chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, said his organization does not condone dogfighting or any other illegal activity, but he told reporters that Vick should be given a chance to redeem himself.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
[quote="Mastray\";p=\"25602":2igbclih]It's not racial like a lot of cases... they are not coming out and saying.... "Oh it's cuz' he's black..." It's the simple fact to me at least that the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People is standing up for him. EVEN THE NFL

·
Registered
270 Posts
Vent away...because that is just sick and wrong!!  HOW can anyone do that to dogs????  Is it because he is a proball player?!!!  It is AMAZING what society will be ok with and not when it comes to "famous" people!  Wanna know something really wrong??.....when I taught inner city elementary school....I found out that instead of using and betting on dogs, children would be used and bet on!  HOW NOT right is that?!!!!!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
All right folks.  It's time to start writing some letters!

Write to the NFL and tell them how you feel about the Vick thing.  If they get enough upset fans, they'll do something about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts