Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That your Puppy ( meaning under the age of 12-15 months ), does the solid days sleep, and the next day looks like they have grown a whole lot?? I wondered if anyone else seen this in their pup..and the sleepy stage is just like when a baby sleeps, or eats all day..then packs the Lb's on??
I never really noticed this before Ashley came along..but she is geting HUGE!!

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
hmmm maybe dungy is getting ready to grow cuz he has been sleeping a lot lol

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
yes! totally noticed that in Maple and was actually wondering if anyone's else do that so it's good to know they do :) it's odd isn't it, but also very amusing to observe ha ha

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Gosh, I wish Rocky would sleep!  LOL!  No, really I have noticed this also.  It's totally like going to bed and waking up and bam their so much bigger than the day before.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wheew..good to hear this..I thought she had Narcolepsy!!..LOL..She did this to me yesterday..today..she has a bigger chest...how odd..but it looks big dog style now!!! Grow girl...grow

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I never noticed it with Chloe when she was a pup even tho she slept a lot but I sure notice it with Brodi. His vet asked me a few days ago if I was supplementing his food with miracle grow but of course that just makes me worry more that he is growing too fast  :lol:

·
Registered
537 Posts
UGH! YAH! I agree with this too. I actually do fear that she is packing on the pounds a little too rapid. She is gaining at least 3 pounds a week. When she got spayed she was 29 pounds. Check up 10 days later she was 33 pounds. 8O She is probably about 35 pounds now and just turned 5 months.

She is so thick and meaty though. It's hard to worry that she is growing too fast because she looks so damn good. But I know health comes first.

Ashley always looks so good to me. She is beautiful. How much does she weigh now?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She is about to turn 5 months, and is hitting 35 lbs too! OMG Ginger..I can barely lift her on the bed at night!!...Just think what I will get when she is spayed!!! Can you say Boxer-elephant!!!lol
Oh..and btw..your Harliegh...to die for..what a stunning pup!

·
Registered
537 Posts
hahaha yah I know what you mean, but luckily my bed is pretty low to the floor so she is able to get herself on the bed. It's in the morning when she is being tired and lazy that I need to lift her OFF the bed. LOL Psh....babies....I tell ya  :wink:

And Thank you for the compliment.  :D

·
Registered
761 Posts
Question about growing pups.  Since we have a rescue and the only history we know is that he came from a pet store, is there any way we can predict his size?  He's just under 9 months and last weighed in at 45lbs a few weeks ago.  He is very skinny and fairly tall (close to 24 inches at his shoulders).  We've upped his food to 4 cups a day but he doesn't appear to be gaining much weight (we did have him checked for parasites/worms etc.).  I am wondering if this is because he's still growing in height?  He was fixed before we got him, does that affect how big he'll grow?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only so called "therory " I have heard is to take the weight at 4  months and double it..and that should be a close guess...weird huh since most dogs fill in AFTER 1 year..oh well..no predictions here for you..sorry!!

G

·
0 Posts
In January, Bruce started shedding alot and was very sleepy.  He gained 15 pounds.  Now its april and he's shedding and getting sleepy again.  We've been thinking he's doing another spurt again.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know what you mean.  Deuce was 5 months and 3 weeks yesterday and he seems to gain a pound every day.  He is right at 45-47 pounds right now.  Every time I take him to the dog park someone always comment on how much bigger he has gotten.  The vet told me that boxers have their biggest growth spurt between 6-8 months

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yikes..Ashleys gonna grow faster?? ( thinking of HOW she is going to fit in her crate!! )... We already were thinking 65 lbs..which seems huge for a female..but I am not doubting that, as she is already 35 and not 5 months...WOW!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts