Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When seeing a dog in a situation that you can't control?? I believe i have mentioned before that my neighbor has a boxer whom they keep chained 24/7/365. When we got snow last week he was kept outside the entire time, it has pretty much been constant rain since and the dog has been left outside. I feel so badly for this poor boxer. The area around his dog house is nothingbut dirt....so obviously he is there ALL the time and never let out to play. We managed to talk the owners into letting him play with the girls, but that was before samson and they havent let him play since. We were going to try and give this dog a good home, but that was a no go....and then we got samson. We have called to police and reported them but since he has a dog house and food/water dishes then he is considered taken care of. This dog is not neutered either...so here comes the bad part. They are getting another one!! WTF??? :evil: I was outside with my trio this afternoon and one of their friends came by with a VERY pregnant boxer and a male boxer....i am guessing the second male was the father. I hate to sound snotty but both boxers were poorly bred, which obviously is just going to continue to happen since this guy is breeding his two. I heard the neighbors talking to him, they want a puppy and guess what kind....yup a female!! i know the outcome of this. That poor dog will be pregnant at her first heat!! If you cant take care of one dog.....dont get another!! it makes me so mad and sad all at the same time. I wish there was something i could do for the boxer there now....and the one that is soon to come

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Re: Have you ever wish that you could do more??

It is a sad situation and one I see everyday....There is not a day that goes by that I dont wish there was some sort of test that must be given and passed before you are allowed to own pets or have children.....

·
Registered
172 Posts

That's got to be soooo frustrating for you.  :(  About the only thing I can think to do is to dognap the poor guy, drive him to the next state and turn him into a rescue shelter.  Unfortunately, the end result would probably just be that the neighbors would get another dog and do the same thing to him.  There really oughta be a law....

AnnA

·
Banned
2,318 Posts

so sorry andrea! that is so frustrating, and so sad.poor boxers. :( like you said they obviouisly are not taking care of the boxer they have now and are going to get another puppy???!! and this is pure speculation but i bet since they are getting a female they are going to breed her. :aua: .i don't have any advice for you, maybe just keep calling animal comtrol?they might get so sick of you calling that they will take the dog away.squeaky wheel gets the grease, (so they say anyway.)good luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
11,429 Posts

I wish there was more you could do also, but the laws are so whacked; having food, shelter and water is not enough.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts

Oh yeah.  When I used to do dog evals on possible surrenders for the Rescue League.  I wanted to take them all home.  Most of them were in horrible situations, and it broke my heart that not everyone was as spoiled and loved as my two.

·
Registered
882 Posts

OMG what a terrible situation, I feel your frustrations....I can't believe there gonna get another one :x...but unfortunately there's not much you can do if the law says that they are taken care of, I guess the only thing would be to dog nap him and get him into a loving home...then when they get another one dog nap again until they don't get anymore...I really don't know what else to say...I feel so bad for those poor boxers :(

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

I know exactly how ya feel Andrea and it sucks!  I have a neighbor that had a boxer living in horrible conditions just like the one who lives by you. There were nights I had to come in the house because I couldn't stand to see Charlie sitting outside crying and just like your neighbors they were looking to breed him and they even asked me if Chloe was fixed. I remember going and jumpin the fence to bring Charlie toys, food and water all the time. I cried myself to sleep quite a few times over the situation but luckily for me my dad is animal control where I live and is overly caring when it comes to dogs. Make a long story short, Charlie got out one to many times and my dad picked him up and finally after them getting so many tickets for a dog running at large they surrendered him to my dad. My dad found Charlie a great home with a cop friend he knows and he is doing great. I hope and pray something good happens to that dog like it did with Charlie. Hang in there hun!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Re: Have you ever wished that you could do more??

What a horrible situation Andrera...So very frustrating when your hands are tied about doing anything...To me, as everyone else here, having food, water & shelter is not sufficient to show that the dog is not being mistreated..That is just soo wrong....

·
Registered
696 Posts

~X(  God, that makes me so angry! And unfortunately - you see it a lot! Stupid, ignorant ppl just wanting to make money!!

>:/  :axe:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

FREDOSMOM\";p=\"91501 said:
Undercover Rescue mission... anyone?
Shoot i am all for it! the people would never know....being as they dont pay attention to this dog!!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

Please don't steal the dog; the fact that someone doesn't treat their dog the way you think they should is not a legal defense for larceny. ;)

In this case, use the existing law to effect change - it is illegal in Fort Worth to tether a dog unless the dog is within the owner's direct physical control.  That means that if the owner is not outside, the dog cannot be tethered.  
http://www.fortworthgov.org/publichealt ... x?id=52392

I'm not remotely a fan of anti-tethering laws, but in this case using a bad law is better than breaking a good one.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts

Frustrating, but perfectly legal.  We have a neighbor that keeps a female boxer chained to her back porch 99% of the time.  If it's below freezing, they'll let her come inside for the night.  Here lately they've been letting it and there other dog roam the neighborhood, even though we have a leash law.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

I don't know if this will help Andrea but we did this with my neighbors. I found a website that will send the owners all sorts of information about chaining a dog up 24/7 and you will remain anonymous, doubt they will care but never know.  Dogs deserve better

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Newcastle\";p=\"91516 said:
Please don't steal the dog; the fact that someone doesn't treat their dog the way you think they should is not a legal defense for larceny. ;)
Jennifer no worries!! as much as i would LOVE to find him a better home, i have my daughter and my own boxers to think about haha :)

Now how in the world did you find that?? i spent an entire day searching laws here in Texas and such and i couldnt find a dang thing!! Now that i have ammunition i will use it, i really appreciate it!!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

[quote="ChloeBellesMommy\";p=\"91524":3fdqpbuv]I don't know if this will help Andrea but we did this with my neighbors. I found a website that will send the owners all sorts of information about chaining a dog up 24/7 and you will remain anonymous, doubt they will care but never know.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

Heh - well, DDB will know all about stealing a tethered dog, as their leader was just convicted of theft and receiving stolen goods for doing just such a thing (I think the larger issue was that she brought the dog home from the vet where she'd initially taken him, after being told not to, actually).

Now how in the world did you find that?? i spent an entire day searching laws here in Texas and such and i couldnt find a dang thing!!
As Legislative Chair for the ABC, part of my job is to keep track of anti-pet and anti-breeding laws being passed across the country.  There has been a rash of anti-tethering laws recently, and Fort Worth was one of them.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts

How about one day you lasso up your neighbors and chain them up outside for awhile....maybe on a rainy day....see how they like it??  
I'd feel just as you do, good luck with everything!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

Alicia\";p=\"91579 said:
How about one day you lasso up your neighbors and chain them up outside for awhile....maybe on a rainy day....see how they like it??  
I'd feel just as you do, good luck with everything!
I support that notion!  :lol:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts