Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently received this in an email and if you haven't seen it, it is really good - Ben Stein's take on who is really affected by the Mortgage Slump...and so true - My friend just adopted a lab mix who had been dropped off due to foreclosure on their home.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RCe66wkpfY

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
So true and Good for him to speak up!  I'd love for my taxes to go to them!  Makes me want to go home and hug Lola, then go adopt every dog I see.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
What I can't understand is people who leave their homes and leave their pets inside them to starve to death.  I wish there was some funding for them too.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Seriously Kiahsmom!....I can't imagine abandoning an animal.    How hard is it to bring a dog and feed him/her scraps?  I'd starve myself before I starved my dog.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would be wonderful if the word got out more about this and there was some type of funding set up for rescues!

·
Registered
693 Posts
When we take on a pet it is a till death do we part deal. We had to rehome a female cat once. She was constantly getting beat up by our male cats so we figured it was the humane way to take care of the situation. She lived a long and very good life with our friend who took her on. Abandoning a animal is not even an option.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Ugh! Makes me so mad that people can just leave their pets behind...don't they love them and feel as if they are part of the family? I wish I could take them all in!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
I like that idea....The people that used to live across the road from us, when they moved out, they left their 4 dogs behind to join the pack of roaming gnomes in the neighborhood  :x  I am soo glad our yard is fenced in....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts