Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is hardly past lunch time and I have managed to piss three people off today :)  I think it all happened before 10 a.m. What a record!

First, I had someone come in first thing with a parvo puppy.  The lady asked to speak to me right away to let me know she only had $15.00.  Okay...so I am not going to let a sick puppy leave over $15.00....Anyway....she has four kids and decided to go get four puppies so each kid can have one...She could not afford to vaccinate them and then they got sick....so she borrows the money to go the feed store and bought parvo shots and gave them at home.  The dogs already had parvo she she only made then worse....I treated the worst of the four (as she said) because she did not bring the others in with her and sent her med's to work on all of them....I did it all for $15.00....But, then made her angry by giving her "the speech" I simply told her that if she can not afford the puppies that maybe she should not get so many that all four kids can love one dog, instead of having four that are not cared for and she is asking for grief trying to do that.....So, she got mad and said she would never be back...I felt like saying "and no one else will see you for $15.00", but didnt ..........

Second, A litter of Boxer puppies were scheduled for tail docks and dewclaw removal.  They were born Tuesday.  When I got to the file there was a note that said the owner wanted NO TAILS, so this was kind of strange.  I called him and spoke to him about the breed and what my thoughts were on a tail and he was sooooooooooooooo rude and told me that boxers look better without a tail....he wanted the cut of to the flush with the back...no nub, no puff no nothing....I made him mad because I told him that in doing cosmetic surgery I felt that what is more common with the breed should be followed and I would not cut the tails to complete amputation....He ranted and raved and I put him with the other doctor because I had already made my decision.  Needless to say the other person cut the tails off.....but....hey it is his practice :)

Third, A 14 year old golden/lab mix came in with a fatty tumor...the dog is old, has a heart that sounds like a washing machine and I explained that the dog would not live long enough for a fatty tumor to amount to anything and I did not recommend taking it off.  The chances vs the outcome are not in line.  He got mad and stomped off to find someone who will cut on his old senior dog....

Wow....hope the afternoon is full of happy little puppies :)  Thanks for the rant session!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
JEEZ!!! see im glad you post Sharon for the 'other' side of the vet table...so important for people to know...

:D i so hope your afternoon is better..although its not pets..i DO know the feeling of arguing with people over health and wellness issues..things that you cant even believe they are arguing about

hugz from us and sending a little hawaii sunshine your way...

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Wow!  Hope you have a better afternoon.  Why in the world would that guy want to cut off the boxers tails?  He's insane!  So glad you told him no!  Some people :roll: Those poor puppies

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Sharon, I don't know how you deal with these people!  8O

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Ok, #1 lady pisses me off! Those are the dogs you will end up seeing at the pound...if they make it that long. Sorry you are having one of those days...hope the pm is better!  :D

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Sorry Sharon, I would hate to deal with your line of work, you have your own ethics and morals and sometimes they do not alighn with others - and its hard.

I on the other hand listen to people all day telling me about their world falling apart and can I make an acception for not defaulting their loan.  - at times I feel like a social worker!

nothing but a nice big glass of wine and a massage from the hubby will not cure (for at least now).  However I normally only get the glass of wine!  Hope your Friday goes better!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I just don't understand some people, I would hate to be on your side of the desk when people like that come in.  It would be all I could do not to punch someone out.  Too bad all of us don't live close so you could gets beans and kisses from our babies when you have days like this.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
[quote="HannaBanana\";p=\"71144":3sw33s2t]Sorry Sharon, I would hate to deal with your line of work, you have your own ethics and morals and sometimes they do not alighn with others - and its hard.

I on the other hand listen to people all day telling me about their world falling apart and can I make an acception for not defaulting their loan.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Hate those kinda days  :aua: Sharon, you did the right things all the way around, stayed true to your profession and beliefs. Unfortunately sometimes people are not real receptive to other opinions, all you can do is offer what you know to be right and the rest is on them. Hope your afternoon was much better and you got a puppy kiss or two  :lol:

·
Registered
780 Posts
That is horrible.  I think you should have to apply to have kids, animals, etc.  Go through training and be certified to be a parent or a pet owner!

·
Registered
374 Posts
oh geez you really are having a horrible day!  And I was sitting here feeling badly for myself because my day's been rough, but at least it's just been money/incompetence issues - no puppies involved....you must have the patience of a saint!!!  Hopefully your day has improved immensely

G

·
0 Posts
Sharon, I'm right with ya today...

My day has sucked royally!  I work at the hospital...and am used to 11pm - 7 am...well they needed me today at 7 am...so for the first time in 2 years I worked days...I get there and it's a cambodian man who doesn't speak english and likes to grab young girls' boobs...yup...fun

the PCA (nurses aide) decides she is having a bad day and refuses to answer my calls for help...when she does she lets the man fall out of bed and then blames me...and then refuses to give me a single break in my 8 hour shift...it's hard to sit there and not pee for 8 hours!

When i go to get a sheet signed for no lunch approval, the charge nurse lectures me about how I need to ask for a break (which i did) and keep askng...yeah...whatever...

NOW I get to snuggle with my pups for 3 hour nap...then get up do housework and back to work at 11!

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
sharon, so sorry about the start of your day!! that is just awful! i hope the rest of day and weekend prove to be much, much better!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts