Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when we first got Chance he tried to show she dominance and we got that under control within a week. Well we have had Layl for quite some time now and no matter what is going on she visciously snarls, growls and draws blood....and example....i was sitting on the floor playing with her and she came up and was giving me kisses and out of the blue she attacked my face. She was soooo sweet then just turned. She has done this to me, hubby, kids and the other dogs. Chance has a boo boo on the top of his head from her, Chloe has a chunk of skin taken out of her backside and she just attacked my oldest son this morning on his ear and he was just sitting watching tv. the other dogs will be sleeping when she does it. The other dogs are scared to death of her and wont even go around her and when she comes to them they cower and run. Please help....i dont know what to do. I followed everything i did with Chance when he did this but it isnt working with her. She is so little and i know that she isnt just viscious but could there be something wrong in her brain for her to turn like that? Hubby is at his wits end with the whole situation and if i dont get things under control soon i am afraid he wont let her stay here. He is worried about the other dogs and the kids. He doesnt think it is fair to the other dogs to be fearing their every move around her.

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
I personally would find a trainer who deal with behavioral issues and contact them and tell them about the situation.  With issues like this, a professional is the way to go.   So dont give up on the dog until you have saught all avenues and tried to fix the problem.

Many of dogs i see in the rescue were surrendered because the owners did not get the proper care and traning for their issues:)

Also I think Lillysmomma is a trainer, she could offer some insight.  Good Luck, and hope she comes around.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Tami, hopefully Liz can offer some advice on this as I really don't know what to say. It's definitely a behavior issue and obviously needs to be addressed quickly before any further damage is done....I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can find some answers real soon

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I would love to give you advic esweety, but in this kind of situation I need to be able to see the level of behavior and escalation to give you sound advice.

What I am going to do is make some phone calls and reffer you to a couple trainers ini your area that train like I do as well as work with behavior issues the way I do.  I'm making the phone calls as I type this.

I will pm the info to you or I can post it on here so everyone can see it?  Up to you.  Let me know.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
I hope everything works out for Layla. I think a behaviorist/trainer could really help her, it may be something that can easily be fixed...I am no expert, but good luck and please keep us posted on how she is doing. Hugs from Sadie and me.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I agree that a trainer is a good idea and I am sure that the one Liz is referring you too will be able to help.  Best of luck and keep us informed of Layla's progress

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Yes, please let us know what they recommend.  Sophie gets ahold of me every once in a while and she is constantly growling and biting on Kane.  He just takes one paw and holds her down so she can't move.  It's funny to watch although I know its not funny at all.  We yelp when she latches on with teeth and yell ouch.   This stops her biting, but I do know what you mean about giving you kisses and then the kisses change to bites.  I look forward to what you find out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts