Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

HD/HQ video ;)

5K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  sunken.treasure 
#1 · (Edited)
Well i wasn't going to post it but i figured that you all may enjoy it. Lilly loves the show ring and now has:
1 Light pink ribbon (reserve best)
5 Blue Ribbons (2 x 1st Senior Puppy Bitch, 3 x Jr)
(five shows)

She does awesome in the ring... a little switch goes off and all the sudden she just seems to know what to do... I relaxed quite a bit this show (still a bit nervous). My stacking has gotten much better and with lilly's help i may get it yet!
Wonder if this is going to work....

http://www.facebook.com/v/139719629433965

#5 ·
I think you two are doing awesome for being newbies! :) You have to learn somehow right? I even thought about taking Rocky to a conformation class (even though he isn't correct in areas) just to learn so I can prepare for my show prospect in a couple years :)

Keep up the great work! You two will be pros in no time!!

#6 ·
OMG,your dogs are soooo lean :)

I look at Valant and what a bulky gent he is.... :lol:

#8 ·
They eat like little piglets... they just go go go and we have a hard time keeping them as chubby as they are. We discussed this with their vet and she thinks that they are genetically exactly where they should be. Healthy spot on and measure great on the scale used to rate from emaciated to grossly obese.

Trust me i would like to see some of big V's bulk!

#7 ·
Well we are glad it wasn't a total wash. We have a lot of fun and Lilly loves the attention that she gets there so we keep going... We took the opportunity to work on proofing some obedience commands after her ring time in the practice area. Did good once sure realized that she had to really pay attention to me to hear the commands over the dogs barking.

In ring she so professional... suit and tie girl. Only has eyes for me. You wouldn't believe the people that comment on how nice the darker boxers are... she stands out like a sore thumb in the ring... this time there were six boxers that looked almost identical and two that stood out as- Lilly being one of them.

But as some of you know on here we did get her to do obedience trials and are using the conformation ring to expose her to the show environments scents and smells. Po

#9 ·
I loved the video...Lilly is beautiful! Keep doing what you do, she seems to really enjoy it!

#15 ·
Loved the video :)

Im not saying this stuff to be mean lol I guess some constructive critism ?? Please dont take anything I say wrong as I am a newbie myself and am def no expert.

Lilly has such a beautiful head! Shes a really pretty bitch. She stacks really akward, does her right front foot bow out like that all of the time? She also looks to have a low tail set which in turn, when she is stacked properly makes her look "roach backed"....you can tell its just her tailset though when she moves, because her back is straight. Reeko has a low tailset too. She has a nice smooth gait though.

This is what I was told to do, with Reeko, at a match show by a lady whom worked and showed one of Jaquet Boxers boxers lol she has a bitch puppy there this day. She was watching me stack Reeko, I was stacking him like Lilly stacks, most of the time too stretched out and not square. So she came over to me and taught me how to do it right. This is what she told me to do with him......place the back feet so they look like they are underneath them just a tad too far, place the front feet right underneath them where they are suppose to be, take bait, hold it in front of their nose and let them lean into the front legs, this makes the back legs go into the right position without being "overstretched!".....I use to over stretch both of my dogs in the show ring up until she taught me the right way (I never had a mentor, just dove in blind lol) and Reeko actually beat her bitch that day.

This is kind of how Lilly is stacking, this is my Roxy and how I use to stack her all the time lol

this is a decent one

A good one

and this is her free stack

This is how reeko use to stack

the this

Him now

This is kind of what Im talking about....try putting her back feet like reekos are in this pic....put the front feet right underneath her and try baiting her forward

I hope I didnt ramble too much in my post lol Proper stacking takes some time and patience to learn how your dog stacks up best, what works for one may not work for the other :) She is a very pretty girl and I think you will do very well with her!

#16 ·
southernbelle, in the US you doNOT have to have ears cropped to show :) Its just a little harder to finish them but judges do seem to be coming around to the uncropped look! Dogs/bitches do on the otherhand have to remain intact to show in conformation.

#20 ·
THey can start conformation at six months. If they breeder would give you until 12 or 18 months for the spay you would have lots of time to show...

Just make sure that you do show her though and keep the breeder involved... Send her pictures and their confidence will remain in you for the duration. They also will know that you are doing the right thing not trying to sneak a litter...

#21 · (Edited)
Yes her tail set is a bit low... We have tried three separate methods now for stacking. Manual---- disaster lol
natural adjusted... Let her walk into the stack following bait and adjust her feet (always minor) relax her and etc... Shown to me at a show by a boxer handler---- works well 3/4 of the time but usually leads to her front feet or foot going to far forward
And
Circle baiting.... Direct her to stand naturally stacked by leading her with bait --- unreliable but when she hits it great stack! Also shown to us by a handler at ringside.

Thankyou for the tip! we know our stacking is detracting from her showing. I am use to training not showing lol its really a different experience to be in ring rather than teaching the pup. It's great to have new methods to try because different ones will work better on different dogs. We have greatly improved her stack and are hoping to hit it spot on in her next show

#22 ·
Lilly is SO beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing this!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.