Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my puppy has a green discharge from his penis that often comes a couple times a day,
anyone know what it would be and what he needs to get it better?? he is healthy and is 8 months if that helps

thanks
Will and Lewis.

·
Registered
948 Posts
oh boy.. don't know if thats a bad thing (or a good thing - if you know what i mean)... Maybe Sharon could give you some insite?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Flutterby\";p=\"22662 said:
oh boy.. don't know if thats a bad thing (or a good thing - if you know what i mean)... Maybe Sharon could give you some insite?
Wouldn't it be a good thing if it was clearish white?

Anything that discharges Green is usually a sign of infections.  I hope your baby is ok.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I would take him to the vet ASAP!! He could have a bacterial infection!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
The fact that it is green, I would think infection also. I would at least give a call to the vet.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
My son has two boxers and they both have had the same thing, it was when they were pups and he took then to the vet and was told that it has to do with puberty and not to worry unless it had a foul smell, but to be sure that the pups have plenty of water available so the kidneys stay hydrated..

I also found this question and anser on the net:

Question: Male dog has discharge from penis - Answered by Dr. Van Lienden

Answer:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks sharon,

I wasn't overly concerned becuase it doesn't seem to bother him, I was just starting to wonder becuase it hasn't been going away..
but it does seem "normal" and it doens't bother him, he is still happy and playful, and doesn't show any signs of it bothering him, and he seems to be ok with cleaning it himself...

thanks all..

take care
Will and Lewis.

·
Registered
948 Posts
LOL!! Sorry to laugh, but SMEGMA!!?!?? wooo.. lol learn something new everday!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Flutterby\";p=\"22800 said:
LOL!! Sorry to laugh, but SMEGMA!!?!?? wooo.. lol learn something new everday!
Tell me about it.....That would be a great word to google and see what comes back  :snooty:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Kate\";p=\"22715 said:
green discharge, especially if it smells bad, could be infection.
I agree. Since this is a relatively new thing for him, I'd keep an eye on the color and smell. A friend of mine's male had an infection in his sheath that started out green, and when it turned stinky, she got him in. IMO, It's much better to be safe where these things are concerned than to pass it off as being normal. As gross as it sounds, try dabbing it with a paper towel to see if there is an odd odor about it. If there is, get him in ASAP.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts