Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so Reese is going through her first heat cycle. We are nearing the end of the first week and i am noticing and unpleasent smell coming from her "who-ha area" :D is this normal? I tried doing a search and didnt really find anything. Is there something i can do to make it not be so smelly? She is the first dog i have had that has gone through a heat cycle so i am new to this whole world. I do plan on spaying her....incase people are wondering....but am unable to at this point due to some health issues.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Roxy has gone through 3 heats so far and she smelled through ALL of them lmao!! Out of experience DONT let her on your bed lmao I would say a slight smell is normal:) It wouldnt hurt to wipe her down with some soap and a washclothe or even a baby wipe!! GOOD LUCK through this!!

I you really mind all the nasties getting all over you can try to put a pair of kids undies on her with a maxi pad;) Works wonders if she will keep it on lol

·
Registered
496 Posts
I am glad you posted this though it helps me when haven goes into heat. I am really looking forward to that lol jk.  :roll:

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Sorry Andrea, I have no experience with this... it sounds like it is normal from the other responses...

But I just have to say you are hilarious!!!!!!!

southerngirls\";p=\"51722 said:
"who-ha area" :D.
:lol:  :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
A smell is not necessarily abnormal; some girls have little to no odor, some have a pretty strong one!  You just want to watch for signs of illness/infection - lethargy, fever, pus in the discharge, etc.  Typically this doesn't happen until after a season (and typically in older bitches, not a young one on her first season) but it's always something to watch for. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts