Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i know what to do when she goes into heat but how do i know when she does? cause hailees "fufu" looks weird, kinda swollen and im not sure .... i have never had a female dog so im soo lost !!! help! and is 5 months to earlie?

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
I've never had a female dog just for that reason.  
Seems to me I've heard about six months is when they get their first heat, but not positive.
Somebody else will deffinately know more than me! :lol:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the husbands fault i wanted a boy :( but i do love my hailee and she will be so cute in little boy panties

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
ive heard it can be from 6- 18 mo before they get their first heat, from what ive read there is a lot of variation but maybe if youre worried and think she is just dont leave her in the yard or anything unsupervised just incase. Hope someone with a female can help you out soon!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we live in an appartment so that wont be a problem :) and shes always with me so im watching her closely, im a house wife so we are always together ... shes almost 6 months so i guess she could be comming in .. hmmm o boy this is different... and the hubby said girls were easier  8O

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
If she is around the 6 month mark she could be coming in heat....There will be swelling in the vaginal area and she may begin to lick and clean herself alot.  The second week is when the discharge generally happens and some are lite bleeders and some are heavy but this time of the heat is usually hard to miss, the third week there is normally no discharge or a clear discharge and this is the time they are usually willing to breed....They wont let a male attach to them if they are not ready.  Just keep a close eye on here because the boys will come from miles away if they smell her in heat....:)

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol, those "girly" panties were useless with Angel when we brought her home after her surgery..They lasted all of 2 hours, she wasn't bleeding much, so I just made sure to keep a lot of blankets and such on the floor that I could wash.....Just keep an eye on her and like Sharon said, the boys just seem to come out of the woodwrk when there is a female in season... :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts