Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fence jumper.  She jumped into the neighbors backyard to play with their dog, anyone know how I can prevent this from happening without getting a higher fence???

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Unfortunately, the fact is your dog is able (and knows she is able) to jump the fence.  Were you out there with her when she jumped?  I wouldn't leave her outside unsupervised, if she can jump into the neighbor's yard, she can jump out too and possibly get lost, or worse.
How tall is the fence now? I'm just assuming its 4' chain link right now.
Maybe you can plant some large shrubs in front of the fence so she has more distance to cover... although that might be more expensive than making the fence higher.  To make it taller, maybe you can add something on top of your current fence instead of totally replacing it. Something like trellis?
Good luck!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, its a four foot fence and I was outside with her when she jumped it, she only goes out to use the restroom and then is back at the door wanting in...We are renting our house right now, so I am not sure if I can make alterations to the outside without paying for a higher fence, I know the landlord would allow that.  We are military and have one more year left at this place before we buy a house...I will keep having her stay in the house and just watch for the neighbor dog and hope her dog is not outside when I put lette out.  GEEEEEEEEEEEESH lol, why do they have to be sooooo freaking smart lol lol lol

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Enroll her in agility class   :lol:

If she is a jumper then IMO she cannot be outside without supervision.  Keep a water bottle that can reach so if you see her going to jump, then spay her with the bottle and mark "NO"  Either that or a training "BEEPING" collar, not shock.   This way is she is about to jump, you can beep her, and correct the behavior.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Ditto on the collar that Hanna Banana suggests.  It would be all about training her to respect that fence as a marker, not necessarily a barrier since she knows she can jump it now.  

Nano

1 - 7 of 7 Posts