Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really a new member, just had to create a new account because i have no access to anything that would allow me to re-activate the old account (not that anyone would even remember me from the old user name, i wasn't a big poster, mainly a lurker). Look up the user name RavenSkyfire for my old posts, theres still some pics floating around under that name.

When I originally joined the group, i had just gotten my first Boxer after having loved the breed for 15 years. I brought Rocko home when he was 5 monthes old. He was my soul dog and the bestest dog that ever graced me with his presence. Everyone loved him, even people that didn't really like dogs. He was always by my side, my ride or die bestie for life. He lived 10 very good years with my husband and I, until time ran out and we had to let him go. I think his kitty cat (i had gotten a kitten for my husband and Rocko claimed her) was just as devastated as we were when he didn't come home from the e-vet. 4/5/2009-8/19/2019 RIP BabyDog, you were the best and i will love you till time stops!

Two years ago we decided that since we now own a house and have a huge backyard, it was time to get another Boxer. March 6th, 2021 we brought home a classic fawn boy we named Ruger. He just turned 2 on Dec 28th. He is a completely different dog than Rocko was and it was frustrating at first. Then I realized that i was frustrating myself by trying to always hold Ruger to Rocko's standard. So i stopped and beyond the normal frustrating puppy stuff, i started to enjoy my new dog for the dog he was and not the dog that my soul missed. He may not be my Rocko, but he's my Ruger and that's just as good!!! We're now talking about getting another Boxer puppy sometime around the end of the year or the beginning of 2024. Alot of the breeders that I had researched over the years seemed to have stopped breeding so now i have to do all that all over again. Unfortunately Ruger's breeder had some life changing things happen and their dogs are now just neutered pampered/spoiled as hell house dogs. So if anyone has any breeder reccommendations for breeders in the Pacific Northwest and surrounding states (i'm willing to roadtrip if i need to, i love roadtrips!!), I would love to add to my new list of breeders to research!

So that's the gist of things. Happy to have found the forum again!!

Manda in Auburn, Wa

· Registered
1,743 Posts
Welcome back then! One of my past Boxers name was Ruger too he was a really good dog, but all of my Boxers have been great it’s really the time you put into them that makes the biggest difference. On looking for another pup I would suggest whoever you go to that they are doing health testing it seems DM is on the rise and they should be heart screened as well. Good luck on your search, I am on the opposite coast so not familiar with the breeders out there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts