Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone- from Tyson and I
Tyson's 8th birthday is tomorrow! He is healthy, happy and still thinking he's a puppy! He is still very active. We give him glucosamine and chondroitin daily. We had a few histycitomas and several lumps and bumps that were aspirated along the years. Recently We have taken him to 2 different vets and an oncologist all last week after I noticed a bump and he was diagnosed with a soft tissue sarcoma. He has no symptoms as he doesn't know it's there. The first vet wanted to remove it but insisted we'd have dirty margins and that he'd need radiation after. It's in a bad location , on the top of his paw/pinky digit where there is very tight skin and no skin to stitch it. the oncologist doesn't think we should remove it and said we should just do chemo/radiation to stop it. We then had a biopsy to determine the grade and it was inconclusive so we still don't know if it's high or low grade. I am going to another oncologist to c what they think as a solution. I am also going to a holistic vet to c what they offer. I will have his treatment plan together after exploring the options.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcoming!
Has anyone ever been to holistic? I feel like I am in a hard place here because of the inconclusive results. it was really upsetting upset he went thru the pain of the biopsy and stitches, having to wear a cone and limping around for 2 weeks all to find out absolutely nothing. He had bloodwork and ultrasound, CT scan and all of his staging was perfect. We were hoping the biopsy would give us insight so we can proceed to the next step now and not wait until it is bothering him. oh the things we worry about as Boxer parents! Wouldn't trade it for the world though!

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
There are some holistic people on here. Probably not as often so keep checking back. My neighbor had a bouvier that had cancer between his front paw, they did eventually have to remove it and where it was cause a difficult procedure. Unfortunately that was years ago and they are both now gone. She ended up going to a er clinic for him as her normal vet thought he could not perform the surgery, and the er clinic here is great, super doctors.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I'll keep checking back. Or scour the forums for advice. We have a consultation this week with a holistically vet. Then next week with another oncologist... tyson loves the car rides but when he realizes where we are, when we do get there , he's not so thrilled. :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts