Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have just adopted our very first boxer! We have had a lot of experience with the breed, as we have family members with a boxer baby, so it was unanimously decided that a boxer was the only dog for our family! I mean, you meet them, you adore them... unless there's something wrong with you! Just kidding... sort of :p

I will be posting in the rescue forum momentarily; our handsome man was adopted through an amazing local rescue group, and to be honest, I specifically signed up to beg for help and advice as to how to help our cats get used to their new "fur brother". Warning: my post will be long winded, and probably overly detailed, because that's just who I am as a person... I apologize in advance for that!

And now I have to show off our handsome guy, because I am a VERY proud new mom!! He's a little gray in the face, but man does he ever still have pep in his step!! I adore him more than words could ever convey (we all do), and was he ever worth the wait!!

Have a great day, y'all!

Jamie (bears mom)

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He's so handsome!!

Thank you!!! I'm so excited to have a place to talk about bear with like minded folks, because I know my friends will quickly tire of all my pictures, posts and updates since he's "just a dog". Well he's more than that to me!!! I am SO in love with this guy, and can't believe he's actually ours! We waited so long to responsibly adopt, it almost feels like a dream still! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wouldn't have it any other way... rescuing was instilled in me very early on; my step dad ran a quasi animal sanctuary on our farm when I was a kid! We took just about any animal that was no longer wanted :( dogs, so many cats, rabbits, goats and even a giant snake once (he wasn't my favorite I'm not gonna lie lol); people knew to bring them to us. We vetted and rehabilitated sick animals that you wouldn't think could have possibly survived. It's absolutely amazing what love and compassion can do for an animal. My cousin and I used to go to the Tyson factory as much as possible and pull baby chicks out of the trash dumpster to bring home. Can you believe that people are so evil that they would throw a living, breathing creature in the TRASH while it's still alive? My amazing step father never complained when I showed up at home with a new creature that needed our help, or when someone dumped another helpless animal at our gate even though I knew the financial burden just about bankrupted him over the years. Someday I want to have a farm just like my step dad so I can continue the wonderful things he did for animals in his memory :'(

But back to bear! We are already so attached to each other, it's almost scary. He thought he was getting left at home yesterday, and this was the result! Kept trying to tell him he was invited but he just whined and cried until he was riding shotgun in our truck! Such a character... I know people who don't have near the personality of our new baby!https://vimeo.com/194348330

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts