Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Brandon and I live in central IN. I have had my girl Daya for a year now. I had to put my 10 year old red nose pitbull Dillon down last summer and I ended up rescuing Daya from my local shelter. She is a mutt of some sort. My thoughts are at least Boxer and pitbull. She is an absolute goofball and has me in tears quite often. For almost a month she has been having issues with her paws. Made 2 visits to the vet and say seasonal allergies. The first time she had a secondary infection due to licking and chewing them. Gave meds as directed but don't want to rely on Apaquel after research. After thinking she was all good we played fetch and her feet swelled up and one was bloody. She eats Diamond lamb and rice. Normal bowel movements but urine of late has been weaker and darker than normal. I have been wiping down after every trip outside and doing foot soaks. Her coat now has random spots that look orange. On further inspecting her paws, the tops are dry and flaky and some of her pads are irritated. When we go out at night to potty she pulls leash hard to the right for some reason. She also prefers to walk in drive instead of grass. She tries to eat grass and weeds as well. I was curious if anyone else has had similar issues or thoughts. I'm calling vet Monday to see what they want to do. Thanks in advance. I provided a pic of my sweet girl. Hate to keep her cooped up but dont want her paws swelling.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts