Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there!  Jaxon is our 11 week...soon to be 12 week old fawn boxer puppy.  He's a ball of energy and soo much fun.  He visited three times before bringing him home at 7 weeks.  This past month has been quite an experience.  He fits into our family very nicely and is just a great little guy!

We also have a 9 year old Shetland Sheepdog, Bayla, who is just the best little girl you could ask for.  She extremely smart and well behaved.  Hoping Jaxon will pick up some pointers from her  :wink:

In addition, my husband and I have two boys ages 6 and 3.  Never a dull moment in our home!!!

I have been reading about boxers for the past 2 years.  Bayla is the last of her litter alive, each of her littermates died unexpectedly between 5 and 8 years which tends to make us watch her health just a little extra!  My husband and I had decided that a boxer seemed right for our family about a year ago.  After contacting a breeder and meeting his family and dogs we were sure.  Jaxon's "aunt" (respectfully only, no relation) had a litter of puppies in February.  We told the breeder we would pass on this litter.  He had not planned another litter until late summer of 2008, but ended up with a surprise litter from his other female...hence came Jaxon.

Jaxon was the only fawn in his litter!  His personality won us over.  He's a very lovable, laid back boy.  He wants to be beside one of us at all times.  It took Bayla a little over a week to come out of her shell with him and decide that yes, he's staying  :D

I have met so many boxer owners in the past 2 months in my area..I didn't realize there were so many around.  I'm just so please with him!  But, like any new mom, I've got lots of questions!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Hello and welcome to you and your fur babies!!! Congrats on your new addition. Boxers are wonderful babies and such great family dogs. They love to be close to their family. I have 2 boxer pups 13 weeks and 9 weeks. Jump in anytime and ask any questions you might have. I am no expert but know some things and there are some very "boxer intelligent" people on this forum. And you will love it here. They welcome you like family and treat you that way. Please show us some pics of your baby soon. we all love the pictures!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hello from down South and welcome.    

You will find lots of folks with an abundance of knowledge and experience to share on this forum.

Congratulations on your new baby.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Welcome! I think we should get some pictures of Jaxon! Love the name too!

My girl Mia was the only fawn puppy in the litter.. I'm so glad I got her!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hello and welcome!  :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to all of you! Congrats on choosing a boxer as well. It's funny, I never noticed many boxers either until after I got one, I think they are hiding sometimes. Feel free at jump in any time with questions you may have, take a browse thru our puppy section for some good tips and advice and don't forget the pictures!  :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome.  I spent a couple hours last night browsing through the site, it's just wonderful.  Everything is put together so well and user friendly.  I uploaded some pictures last night, for some reason my avatar shows up very small though.

More pictures to come  :D

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Howdy from Texas, and welcome!

It took me forever to figure out how to post pics, but once you figure it out, it's really easy! :wink:

Z

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to you and your family.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!!!  Can't wait to see some pictures.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts