Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Matt, i'm from Pembroke, MA and I have 11 week ago Brindle Boxer named Bruce.  Look forward into reading all the information on here.

This is him at 8 weeks.  I think he's doubled in size since then.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Hi Matt and welcome to the forum from Salt Lake City.  Bruce is a beautiful little guy.  I love his coloring and his black mask - he's really a very handsome guy.  I can't wait to see more pictures and hear all about him.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have more pictures that I havent taken off my digital camera yet.  He's very well behaved, he's already got the sit command down, and potty training is still in the works.  He loves the beach, but doesnt care too much for the water.  My fiance and I are working on his stubborness when walking him.  Sometimes he'll just decide to sit down and not want to go anywhere.  I've been reading about how to discipline him on this, any advice is appreciated.

Here is a picture with him and my neice.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Puppies that young aren't really good at going for walks yet.  Many of us feel that a good rule of thumb is 5 minutes for each month of age - so an 11 week old puppy should only be "walking" for about 10 minutes.  Another thing to remember is that they shouldn't be taken on hard surfaces, but should stay on grass or sand is probably good too as hard surfaces like cement or pavement can damage their joints.  At Bruce's age, just romping around at his own pace is probably best rather than trying to get him to go on a walk.  Most experts agree that letting the puppy stop and start at his own pace is the best.  For leash training you can always hook him up and just let him drag it around in the house as long as you are supervising his play.

Your picture of the baby and puppy is absolutely beautiful!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and I was banned twice in 2 days from Boxerworld.  Things are much nicer here.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome from WI, Bruce is so cute and so is the baby.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Aloha form Hawaii!!  BoxerWorld!!!!  ROFLMAO!!!!!  Many of us have been banned from there!!  LOL!!!  Your baby is beautiful!!  We love pix, so keep 'em coming!!!  Welcome to the family!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum...Bruce is adorable!!! Love the pic of him and your niece....Oh and there are quite a few peeps on here that have banned by that "other place"  :wink:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
hhahaha banned oo well you are here now hehe

pics are great !!

welcome from hawaii but native cape codder :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts