Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Boxer Forum!
My name is Zuri and I am a 12 week old boxer pup!
I was rescued two weeks ago by my mom from a breeder who wanted to put me to sleep because I am all white.
I am not at all camera shy and will be adding tons of photos to the gallery section, hope you check them out and enjoy!
Unfortunately as of yesterday I have fallen ill and my mom has sent out an express test for Parvovirus!
Not too sure if I can post more about that here or somewhere else, but for now, my mom is checking out the site and hopefully you can help her and I with some general questions regarding my situation!

I hope my welcome here isnt bitter sweet, but warm and inviting (as I am sure it will be) because I have a job of melting hearts!

Lots of love and puppy kisses!

Zuri

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I absolutely LOVE whites!!!!!  Your new baby is beautiful!!!!  Lilly and I are sending out ~~~~{{{healing vibes}}}~~~~ to Zuri!!!

Aloha from Hawaii!!!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Zuri you and your mommy are very welcome here and we're all sending you lots of good healing vibes and will say a little prayer for your quick and speedy recovery. You are so beautiful and your little face is so sweet.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the welcome and healing vibes @ Lilly and her mom, and Kate and family, from Zuris mom!
I am going to try and post some more info in the appropriate forum section!
I have tons of questions, and as I am sure you know, lots of worry and perhaps someone here can help or maybe just ease my mind...

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Oh, welcome beautiful little Zuri(What a wonderful name!) Wow...her picture gave me goosebumps...I LOVE whites...what an angel she is...I will be praying for her...and my boys are sending healing vibes her way! Hang in there!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
oh lord isnt that expression priceless? She is so adorable!! how could someone want to put her down?? INSANE!! Welcome to the forum!! i hope you get to feeling better sweetie

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Now how can you not love that adorable face? Welcome to both of you...Feel free to ask any questions you may have and definitely read thru our puppy & training section fo rlots of good advice and tips....Hoping you start feeling better Zuri.... :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you MicnIndysmom, ILoveJaxon, Sadiesmomma, Southerngirls, Samsonsmom, and Heather-mumofDaisy for the warm welcomes and well wishes!

Zuris name is Basque and it means white!
(Basque is the the cultural region in the western Pyrenees mountains and spans the border between France and Spain)!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I just had to come back and say what a great website you have set up and I loved reading all the facts about white boxers.  It was very interesting and informative, good job.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks A Bunch Kate!
I hope the info I researched and added to the site is correct!
I am always one to do my homework extensively before I take on any animal, but I am also careful of what I see online (as should be the case)!
Please let me know if I am incorrect on any of the info on there as I would hate to be one who gives out incorrect info!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I enjoyed the website as well...I had read much of that in my own research as well...found myself wondering as to the percentage of colored boxers born deaf or blind...what are the proportions, you know? All I know is I was devestated by a lot of what I read about "humane" ways of culling white puppies out of litters...We had picked out our Mic by then...I couldn't bear the thought of anyone hurting any puppy!  I am pulling for Zuri...she is just so sweet...your website left me wanting to just hug her and love on her...what an angel...keep us posted...we will be waiting to hear how she's doing...did the breeder neglect her shots, etc because of the original intention to cull her?? So sad...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks again, MicnIndysMom for the support and comments on her webpage!
I was appalled by the fact the breeder wanted to put her and another white puppy down (sadly I was too late to save her sister)!
Im glad you asked about the vaccines and I was about to edit the entry made in the "Health Concerns" section about it.
The breeder gave me a card with her current vaccines which states shes had Neo Par at 6 weeks and a Vangaurd vaccine at 8 weeks.
Tomorrow was her scheduled booster, and I am hoping against all hope that I wasnt too late in having her booster done sooner.
As often the case in the recent parvo cases we have seen in this area, there is a possibility that there was a failed vaccination (either with incorrect vaccine administration, or the vaccine being left out of refrigeration, etc.)
I cant be too sure, but I am feeling now that I shouldve at least had her boosted last week or as soon as I brought her home:(

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome Zuri!  :D  You are a gorgeous girl. What kind of breeder would even consider what they were going to do to you! That just disgusts me.  :twisted:  Your mom is a very special lady for getting you out of that situation. Thank you mom!

·
Registered
308 Posts
oooooh Sweetie!  You are perfectly adorable.  We will be thinking of you and wishing you well.   I am so gald your mom saved you!  Some people out there just make me sick!!!  How dare they even have those thoughts.  Maguiness and her Mom welcomes you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you & boxer wags to you Tootsie & MaguinessMom!

I love Maddies name @ Tootsie (I have a sister named Mattie so I am partial to the name choice, lol)
MaguinessMom, so so true, and the pic of your baby is just heart warming!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Kiah and me. Zuri is just the sweetest little girl; I can't believe that anyone could think of putting her down.  You will be in our thoughts and prayer.  Get well soon sweet baby.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts