Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m new here and just thought I’d spend this cold, yucky day introducing myself to this fine forum! I’ve been a boxer lover for all of my life and I’m looking forward to rescuing one soon! I do have a puppy I’m interested in, but I’m not certain of his breed! I’ll upload a pic and hopefully you friends will weigh in. I think I see boxer, but my inexperienced eyes aren’t sure....I would LOVE to hear your input!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
2nd Attempt

Hi all! I attempted to get some feedback, but honestly I am not sure if the message was posted or not....so I am trying again! I am looking forward to adopting a new pet, and it's looks like it may be a boxer mix. I am looking for any help you all can give me to help me try and identify this little guys makeup.I will upload his picture and hopefully someone can give me some help...lend me your eyes! :clap2:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
He certainly is cute. He could be a boxer mix or lab , or pitt but I can't really tell. None the less he is adorable and needs a home. If its important to you to know his genetic make up you can do one of those dna tests on him but if its a boxer you truly want, investigate reputable breeders that do health testing on the line and re-test prior to breeding. If you want someone who will love you unconditionally go for this cute pup

·
Registered
634 Posts
I agree with Lindar51, he is a cutie! He looks like he has some boxer in the ears, short muzzle and head- but I'm not an expert by any means.

Let us know if you adopt him...he looks ready to give a bunch of kisses!

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Hi all! I attempted to get some feedback, but honestly I am not sure if the message was posted or not....so I am trying again! I am looking forward to adopting a new pet, and it's looks like it may be a boxer mix. I am looking for any help you all can give me to help me try and identify this little guys makeup.I will upload his picture and hopefully someone can give me some help...lend me your eyes! :clap2:
Oh it's just time and place and some days are just slow ... It's nothing personnel. :)

Yes it's a Boxer mix (likely a Boxer/Pit) and frankly there are so many of them out there, that if people would get their crap together ... they could be AKC recognized??? But BYB's as it were, and that happening would be like herding Cats. :)

Or he could be one of these.:
https://www.dogbreedinfo.com/b/bulloxer.htm

Pit's are more common than are American BullDog's ... out West anyway so I'll say he's a Boxer/Pit. You'd need to do a DNA test (about 70 bucks, I think) to know for sure if you care that much.

My first (second dog) was a Boxer/Pit. He was a brilliant dog and easy to train! But sadly I lost him way to young and at the time I could not find another like him??? So I went with his other half ... a Boxer???

And at that point ... I discovered the first thing about Boxer's, they can be the "Heartbreak Breed??" Hedi lasted a week (BYB) puppy and dies in my arm's after spending all day at the vet's and evenings with me administering IV's ... "Parvo" took her, she died in my arm's ....

I did better with Boxer, attempt number two my beluv'ed Struddell. But even still in year eight Degenerative Myelopathy claimed her ability to walk??? Still with 24/7 care we dragged her to the ten year mark ....

DM does affect many other Breeds of dogs also ... but in Boxer's (BYB) puppies it can be a big deal and unless you get the puppy tested sigh ... about (70) bucks ... you won't know for about uh ... Eight years. And even then "knowing" ... won't change anything but at least you won't get blindsided??? I won't even mention Cancer (Cancer in a Box) in the medical communicate (is how they are know) and Heart issues ....

Now none of this is to say ... that you can't get a healthy puppy from a BYB??? It's just ... a head's up. So when people say "Get a quality health tested pup" with a health guarantee, from a reputable Breeder ... now you know what they are referring to. :)

So that is the nuts and bolts of a Boxerhood as it were. All based on your stating ... "I have always wanted a Boxer." No problem ... but since you are out there looking at dogs anyway and seem to have one you like???

Another question for you would be ... do you want a Boxer "Now" and does it need to be your first dog (if this is???") The pup your looking at ... should have a lot of positive attributes. If you do your job right. :)

I used to really tick them off on the Germanshepardforum because I would not recommend a Working Line GSD to "most people." A poorly raised Wl GSD can vbe a "Law Suit" looking for a place to happen ... for the unaware???

But a Boxer, LOL well .... I'm still slow to recommend them to most people ...
Great with Kids, Great with People/Strangers and generally speaking, no dog aggression (although, I don't do unknow dogs ... another story) buttt, a poorly trained /raised Boxer??? Well ... i tend to describe that as a "hair Pulling Experience for the unskilled." Especially the girls (my preference) now.

When I switched from my Boxer/Pit mix (Stewie) to my first PB Boxer and my first girl?? It was like "Welcome Aboard Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!!" And oh by the way ... "whatever it is your doing ... is not as much fun as whatever it is I want to do ... sooo you know convince me "why I should care???" Goodtimes, goodtimes ... we had fun!!

So not a yay or nay here. Your welcome aboard in either case but if you need a push??? I'd say get that guy??? Your first dog is gonna be special (if this is???")

Raise him first, do a great job with a less steep learning curve, save money and then get your Boxer from a quality Breeder. Just a thought, welcome aboard in anycase. :)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Don't know if its boxer but I would say the pup definitely has some sort of bully breed in it.

Cute pup no matter what the mix is

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks ALL for the responses. I agree, for sure looks to have pitbull or some type of bully. Unfortunately I am unable to adopt, he and his siblings have down with parvo. I am so heartbroken and my search for my sweet pup continues. I am waiting on a litter to be born, so hopefully it will go well and I will have my sweet pup soon! Thanks again, I LOVE this forum and all things boxers! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
chip18 , I agree with you 100%. Thank you for all of your wonderful information! I had two boxers growing up and one was a girl....feisty gal for sure. I loved every second if it, and I can't wait to have my sweet pup soon!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
btw, you all give such sound advice. I sincerely appreciate everyone who responded. There is A LOT of information on the internet. It's great to hear from ppl who are living the boxer experience. I am excited and SO happy to say I purchased a boxer mix puppy and I am waiting patiently for him to join me. I can't wait to continue to pick your brains. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts