Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so happy to be here with all of you.

My name is Vickie. I'm a long term boxer owner. Our first boxer was Orion. His birthday was 02/14/03. He was a big big boy. 90# of loving and cuddles. He loved food, not toys so much. He loved the kids and us. We lost him tragically and quickly on July 8, 2008. He passed from congestive heart failure. It was devastating for all of us.

We had called his breeder to see if any of his siblings had ever had any similar health issues the day before he died. They said no and the doctor said he didn't think it was a genetic issue. when I emailed the breeder back to let him know of Orion's passing and to reassure him what the vet said about not being genetic, I asked him that if he ever bred again, especially if it was one of Orion's siblings, to please keep us in mind.

He emailed us back 2 hours later and said his daughter had a boxer girl that was 9 weeks old that was Orion's niece and she heard what happened to orion. She wanted to know if we wanted to adopt her <3 We came home with our baby girl Roxi 3 days later.

Roxi's birthday was May 11, 2008. She was the complete opposite of her uncle. Loved loved loved her toys and we had just a struggle to keep weight on her because she was so active. Frisbee catching, kid snuggling, baby protecting momma. She loved all kids and all kids were her kids...lol I joked she was my husband's girlfriend ;)

Starting about a year or so ago, she started having seizures, pancreatitis and pretty bad arthritis in her back hips. About 2 months ago, she fell and completely tore her CCL in her back right knee. We had her on pain pills, anti-inflammatories, etc. She stopped eating for us and could barely move. After a painful decision, we decided it was time for us to stop her suffering and for her to go be with her uncle orion. She passed 04/27/18. 2 weeks before her 10th birthday :(

I've talked forever on this post. I will start one now for some happy news <3

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Oh ... "The rest of the story!" I'm sorry to hear this. Sadly I am also a member of the ten year club ... just made it. DM ultimately claimed our girl, after it first struck her down at 8 years??? She could longer np stand or walk but she was game so we carried on. And finally in Nov of 2013 it was game over. :(

I have been without a Boxer since then but I still had my GSD and I lost him last year at 10 years??? Living without a Boxer was doable but living without a dog?? Is a bit to much so I'm on the hunt for my next Boxer girl. Sorry for your loss and Welcome aboard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts