Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new to the forum. I came across this as I was googling something about boxers. I am exited to be part of this community. My name is Alex and me and my fiancé own 2 boxers.
Zeus 8yrs and his daughter Artemis 11months.
We absolutely love the breed, my brother in law has 2 boxers as well And my sister kept Zeus son Hercules. We are a big boxer family !!!
pictures are of Zeus and Artemis and my sisters dog Hercules 😁 more pictures to come we have too many to choose from.
Vertebrate Wood Comfort Felidae Flooring
Brown Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fawn Road surface
Leg Human body Road surface Asphalt Fawn
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Boxer Fawn
Brown Dog Dog breed Carnivore Liver

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Welcome in to the forum we always like to hear from fellow Boxer lovers I think you really have to have owned a Boxer to really love them and appreciate them. If I had to guess on your dogs I would say American lines. They look very loved and happy.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
LOL, well at least you know ... there is a difference? I'm curious though, did you read about the "Euro Boxers," are have you seen them? Euro's are not very common where I am. But Euro/American's are around here. But in general and in "Football," terms, the American Lines are built like, "Wide Receiver's," and the "Euro's," are built like "Full Back's."

Boxer's were in America before WWII but no one cared? It was after WW ll, when the troops coming home, brought with them there "Dog's of War." And they felt that those "Dog's" pure Euro's, were to much dog, for the average American ... so they made some changes? And the American Boxer was "Born," and they were a hit!

The rest as they say is "History." The "near," perfect "Family Pet," great with kid's and people and uh ... kinda "Goofy," ie Clown Prince of the Dog World.

And the Wl GSD, had a similar journey (Working Line German Shepard Dog) cept those guy's felt no need to change anything, they are "Prefect," as they are?

LOL ...yeah Ok then? Always in American's top 5 most popular dog's? And always craving up let's see, owner's, spouse kid's and stranger's? It never changes?

By comparison (a Boxer) at worst can be a "Hair Pulling Experience," but they do tend to like people. But Boxer first and GSD later on? Is apparently not the best of plans? Worked out in the long run ... despite the "stiches." Another story, but I could in good conscious recommend a "Boxer," to a responsible owner. But a WL GSD ... LOL, yeah no ... I could not recommend that Breed to anyone I know but hey that's just me. :)

But the "Euro Boxer's," are still the Working Dog in "Boxer World!" More so in Europe of course but they are on patrol in "The American Mid West," today.

But they can't seem to break out of that region so far? Boxer's compared to a WL GSD, or a Malinios, are a "time consuming PIA, to train ... to be fair. :)

I did see a "Euro Boxer," competing on the TV show "Top Dog," against LE K9's GSD, Mals and other working dog's and under dog's. And he was one of the best of the best. IPO dog so "Scent Work, Protection and Obeisance? Should be a "Slam Dunk?"

LOL ... yeah I called it. The "Boxer," was an epic fail! But not how you'd think? He did not start the course, cuz other stuff was more interesting? So you know forget the "door breach," what's over there, off course we go??

Aww well she got him back and he blazed thru the course but he was out, that was too bad but not really a surprise to me. Year one of Top Dog ... an American Pitbull Terrier, beat all the other's so that was pretty cool!

At any rate Boxer's are pretty cool dog's and I luv them, but if I was in completion and had to have a dog trained fast to compete in an event? A Border Collar, Queensland Heeler or Mal or Wl GSD, would be a better option if your pressed for time. I luv Boxer but I try to "Keep it real," as it were. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome in to the forum we always like to hear from fellow Boxer lovers I think you really have to have owned a Boxer to really love them and appreciate them. If I had to guess on your dogs I would say American lines. They look very loved and happy.
Thank you
Yes I was thinking the same thing on the American in them. They are very loved we spoil them very much. Such loyal Animals

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alex, your boxers do look great, nice shape/fit and trim, keep up the good work what ever your doing feeding, it seem's to be working out fine.
Thank you 😊
We feed them nutro dog kibble and we mix wet food on their dinner meal. Walks before bed time
They eat very well but don’t seem to gain weight 😅

1 - 13 of 13 Posts