Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
HI Sarah -
In my own life - my gal loved my new skin babies. SHe protects them with her life. It was an easy adjustment for her - but we made sure she got to smell the babies from day one - and made sure she was "involved" in the care and not told to go away when the baby was changed, etc.....it will all work out - should be fine - Boxers adjust pretty darn well!
Congrats on you newest additions!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Sarah,

I have had two boxers and they both have been great around kids including babies.  Although, my first boxer liked to jump up and rip the ribbons and bows out of my little cousins hair, accidently knocking them down but she never meant any harm, both of my Boxers let kids do anything to them, pet them, sit on them, pull their tongues, ears, anything really.  I don't think you will have a problem.

Just tire your boxer out in the Metro Parks, its a great resource we have here in Cleveland for our beloved boxers.

Take Care,
Nick

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Nick,

I have noticed that our boxer pup is much calmer after exercise.  She needs about 2-3 hours a day to be very calm.  She has so much energy.  The longer I have her the better I think she will be around the baby.  The only thing I worry about is the jumping up.  Hopefully she will learn really quickly that she can't do that to the baby.  

Thanks,
Sarah

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sara,

I agree with you, the key is exercise.  Boxers need lots of exercise.  What really tires my boxer out is when she plays with the neighbor dogs, after  that she totally conks out.

I think she will be fine around the baby.  Most boxers love who and what  their owners love.  If your boxer is like most boxers I doubt that she would ever intentionally hurt the baby.  But you are right, watch the dogs jumping.  My boxer loves my grandfather, but she gets to excited and jumps on him when she sees him, she does not realize he is older and cannot take her jumping like I can.  Also watch your Boxers swatting.  Lots of boxers like to swat with their paws.  When we were kids our boxer we had at the time accidently cut my brothers eye open swatting him while playing.  But I think it will be fun having a baby and a boxer.  Should be cute.

Take care,
Nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts