·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Dana.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Welcome. Glad to have you on here. Everyone on here is very helpful. cant wait to see some pics of ur little ones.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Welcome to the forum! We like pictures!  :lol:

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome!  This is a great place!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome to Boxer Forums!  :)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Welcome to the forum. :)

I would urge you to reconsider breeding your dogs this year; your male at the oldest will only be 15 months, which is too young to have had his health testing done.  Things have changed quite a bit from the time your parents were breeding; there are some very serious heart conditions which have been identified in Boxers, which often have as their first symptom the dog dropping dead at 2-3 years of age.  You've gone through the heartache of losing a dog at a very young age - I'm sure you wouldn't want to subject your puppy owners to that same thing.  

The current health testing guidelines are here:
www.americanboxerclub.org/health-screening.html

Information on breeding Boxers is here:
www.newcastleboxers.com/wannabreed.shtml
www.newcastleboxers.com/wannastud.shtml

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! You'll definitely learn a lot from here. I'm also with newcastle. You should at least wait a couple of yrs so proper testing can be done. Also that you are able to read up and make sure this is something you want to do.

Can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome and for the breeding info...i really appreciate it.  I know they both have to be 2 years old to get all the health tests, like the heart, the hips, and the eyes, I was also told by people that I work with at Red Bank Veterinary Hospital that it's best to breed your female at her third heat.  But I guess it's better to get them both tested so I know there will be nothing wrong with the puppies. Thanks guys!!!  I appreciate it a lot!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum..Feel free to jump in any time with questions, tips or funny stories..As you can probably tell, we love pictures, the more the better...

I also have to agree with what Newcastle said. I had a long discussion with Angel's breeder on Sat about early breeding and improper testing and it was very enlightening to say the least. She said pretty much what Newcastle said about age and if you think about it, it makes perfect sense. Boxers have a long puppyhood. They really are not considered adults til 3!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts