Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I got a boxer puppy that’s 8 weeks old from breeder who was introduced to me by my friend of mine. He said it’s a purebred puppy but I have
no idea regarding boxer breed. I have a GSD and this is first time I am getting a boxer puppy in my family. Can anyone help me to check the purity of the puppy by the pics attached? Thankyou.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi! Welcome. What a cute puppy! In the first photo, I definitely see a boxer puppy, and in the second, it looks like as if the boxer isn't a purebred.. I may be wrong. Perhaps the angle is not good and the photo is not clear. Anyway, I recommend that you go to a veterinarian or dog handler who will accurately confirm the breed of the dog.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Looks boxer like to me are you being thrown off because of the tail? You can check the puppies genetics with a kit that will tell you what breed is in him I don't think they are very expensive and its a cheek swab I think. He is very cute.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi! Welcome. What a cute puppy! In the first photo, I definitely see a boxer puppy, and in the second, it looks like as if the boxer isn't a purebred.. I may be wrong. Perhaps the angle is not good and the photo is not clear. Anyway, I recommend that you go to a veterinarian or dog handler who will accurately confirm the breed of the dog.
Hi! Thank you for you advice. Will check with the vet .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks boxer like to me are you being thrown off because of the tail? You can check the puppies genetics with a kit that will tell you what breed is in him I don't think they are very expensive and its a cheek swab I think. He is very cute.
Hi! Probably it’s because of the tail. She turned 2 mo yesterday. Till when can we dock the tail of the little one? Thankyou for your recommendation.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
She is a cutie and looks boxer to me. Maybe not from a reputable breeder but cute none the less. You can no longer dock the tail, she is too old already, it would be a painful major surgery. Lots of boxers, especially the Euro's have tails as many find it cruel to dock tails and it is unlawful in some countries. Personally I like the docked tail look but it must be done when the puppy is 2-3 DAYS old.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Its way too late to dock the tail so she is just going to have to be a cute boxer with a tail! Just enjoy her she looks like she is very smart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts