Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm Lex from Albuquerque, NM. I found this site while I was looking for some health information concerning some pimple like bumps on Titan's back, neck and head and decided to join after seeing how friendly the community seems. I have a 3 year old Boxer named Titan. He is my first Boxer and is the one that made me fall in love with the breed. I originally picked him up from the animal shelter in the mall after my ex and I had gone to take a look around. We had not intended on purchasing another dog but after looking at him and hearing his story we just had to take him home. I had come to find out that the local police had removed him from his previous owners after finding out that they severely abused him. He was tied up outside with a barbed wire as a collar. They shot him with bb guns and bounced him off trampolines. He was VERY skinny (weighed around 60lbs). After adopting him I also found that he had a bad case of worms and several infections. We took him to my vet and he was tested for heart worm and treated for all of his ailments. I am happy to say he happy and healthy and weighs now around 85lbs give or take. My ex first got him because she thought he was a nice mellow dog but we later realized he was just sick. After we split I took Titan since he is now hyperactive (slightly concerning) and she cannot handle him. I love this dog to death and am glad to find other owners just as enthused as myself.

Here are some pictures of Titan shortly after I first got him. He was still fairly skinny here. I have more updated pictures but I have not transfered them from my old computer to my new one yet.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Ahhh Titan is just the cutest dog! Kudos for rescuing him....i hope the previous owners got what they deserved....treating a dog like that just makes me sick! No need to be concerend about his energy :D thats a boxer for ya!!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Awwww....he's BEAUTIFUL...I am SO glad you took him home...it's BEYOND horrifying to think people treat animals like that...that makes me so sad...

Welcome to the boards...we look forward to getting to know ya both!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Welcome!  He is a doll and lucky to have found someone to love and care for him the way he deserves.  As for the previous owners, I'd like to have a little target practice w/ my BB gun.   :twisted:

G

·
0 Posts
Hi and welcome from California! Thanks for giving him the life he deserves! Were was that last pic taken from?

G

·
0 Posts
aww...he looks like a sweetie..i don't understand how people can be so mean to animals...what did he ever do to them?  To have so much love after so much hatred being shown to him is a true testament of how much better dogs are then people...would you be able to trust and love after being tortured like he was?  man..poor dog

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys :)

The last picture was taken at Conchas lake in NewMexico. He can't swim worth a damn. My ex's sister was pretending to drown and he jumped in to try and save her but almost drowned himself. We almost didn't get to him in time. He is fine now which surprised me as well. I would've thought that he would've had some aggression issues or gone completely skittish but he's neither. VERY friendly, he'd lick somebody to death before ever doing somebody harm. I joke sometimes that if somebody ever broke in he'd lead them straight to the jewelry lol. I think he might have some brain damage issues though. He has an incredible pain tolerance. Last Halloween my roommate was making him chase a laser beam when Titan collided with the wall at full speed. Split the tip of his ear open about an inch long, 1/2 inch wide and very deep. It finally healed a few weeks ago but he didn't even yelp. I tried to bandage it up and clean it with some peroxide and he didn't flinch at all. He's crashed head on with bulldogs (tends to do that often for some reason) and just kept on truckin. I do have some concerns because he does some slightly retarded. I caught him licking an electrical outlet a couple months ago and sometimes he'll just sit there and stare at the wall. I've grown used to his burping,farting and snoring already lol :D

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Welcome!
What a handsome fella!
People can be so cruel, it makes me so mad, but I'm glad that there are people like yourself
who care enough to help make a sad sorry have a happy ending!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to you & Titan, he's a handsome boy and kudos for giving that sweetheart a great home...2 of mine have been rescues and I cannot say enuf, as many others on here can as well how much these babies appreciate their new forever homes... :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum, so glad you were able to rescue Titan.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome to you and Titan. He is beautiful, and I'm so happy he is now living the life he deserves. I'm sure you will reap the rewards, as I have a strong belief that the rescues work really hard to please!  :D

·
Registered
494 Posts
Welcome from myself and Maggie!!  We too are new to the site and I have to be honest we have met nothing but GREAT people and boxer lovers here.  What an angel to Titan you are!!  Most people could not do that.  It sounds like titan is a normal boxer.  Maggie is close to the same antics...she runs into the wall shakes her head and keeps on trucking.  From what I am reading and seeing myself this is normal "clowning" boxer behavior.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Welcome from Texas and kudos to you for rescuing Titan!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Welcome! our boxer Patch chewed through my laptop power cord and got a shock one day... he hasn't done it since... Sounds like Titan is a normal boxer as Patch rarely yelps.. again, welcome!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts