Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello everybody! I'm a new boxer parent. My pup is 5 months old, we got her at 8 weeks. She's been a handful, but fun! I never thought about a boxer before her, and I can't believe why I didn't. They're awesome! We're from sunny AZ and poor Trixie's going to get spayed on Tuesday! Any tips? :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The main thing to know about spay is to make sure your vet does not use ACE(there's a sticky topic in the health section that you may want to copy and take with you)..Keep her calm for the first few days, watch excess play and she will do fine..It's us parents that worry too much :)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Idaho!  There are tons of great tips on this site just browse some of the old posts!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Welcome from NC!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Welcome! Hope all goes well with Trixie's surgery! As Heather said make sure you check out the topic on the using of ACE as a sedative prior to surgery!!
Can't wait to see pictures of your fur-baby!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum.  We love pictures.

·
Registered
696 Posts
A big welcome from Prada, Nico & I! This is a great place to learn about the breed! Can't wait to see pics of your new baby & I hope all goes well with her spay. Like the others have said... make sure NO ACE is printed on your girl's file & remind the vet when you take her in. Don't be shocked if they give you a weird look... simply ignore it (or better yet, print out some info on it & hand it to them). And again - welcome aboard!!! :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome!  Loomis is five months (six months on Friday).  Maybe we can stay connected as our boxers grow up!  I'm always looking for good advice!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
maplesfolks\";p=\"98382 said:
welcome! our puppy if from Arizona too :) from somewhere around Phoenix area, where did you get your pup?
We got her from a breeder in avondale, i can't wait til she's big. her mom was gorgeous! she's only about 26 lbs right now, very lean. she's a fawn. as soon as i figure out how i'll post pics!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I don't remember the name of the town where Maple came from, but the breeders show all their dogs and they were called "Sonoqui boxers and bloodhounds".  and yes pictures please! we love those here :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is my first time sending a reply to any forum so I'm a bit new....I think I just sent a PM ...meant to send to the whole forum...I'm trying!

I have my first  boxer....Bella is almost 18 months old and she's AWESOME!!!

Is everyone as crazy about their dog as I am???

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Bella902....I just started a new thread with your introduction...

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
:-h Welcome to the forum!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts