Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, newbie here!  My name is Rob.  I have a 10 month female boxer named Isis who is a spit fire!  She is always ready to play, really smart, and is always finding herself in some kind of trouble.  I never had a boxer before, and I must say, what a fun yet frustrating dog to have!  I love her to death, and love walking with her.  She's an attention grabber.  

Hope I can help out with some posts!

Rob
Brooklyn, NY

I attached a link, it's her and her hubby Helios.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a377/ ... sis038.jpg

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
AWESOME!  another NYC native....

Welcome!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh my god they are so adorable!  Is it true what they say?  Boxers usually start to calm down around 2 years old?  My girl keeps me on my toes!

Rpb

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="gexoo\";p=\"106499":1sqw1yj5]Oh my god they are so adorable!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Hooter (my x hubby has him) was the greatest dog even as a puppy (3 yrs old when I left).  Katy (x husband also has) was only 6 months when I left but OMG she was a crazy pup!  Rocky has also been crazy and I do have to stay on my toes with him.  He's going to be 8 months tomorrow.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I started calling Isis a magician at the age 3 months because she always seem to find a way out of being blocked off in a room.  It amazed me!  I never crated her, which was my mistake, and I felt so bad to have her locked in a cage all day.  I used to come home to a wreck.  She managed to jump the gate that was blocking her, ripped up papers, pictures, my rug, and my wall!  A few weeks went by and she was doing ok, and then I came home to white stuffing all over the place.  It was from my couch!  I decided she needed a friend, and thats when I adopted Helios from the shelter.  Since he came, she has calmed down during the day, but kicks his ass!  She's the boss of him, and he's such a sweet pit/mastiff mix.

I'm sure you guys have plenty of stories!

Rob

·
Registered
537 Posts
She's adorable. Welcome to the forum!

I noticed your signiture saying "Who says theres no such thing as a black boxer?" Well I think alot (if not all) of people here would have to disagree with that. Just giving ya a heads up  :wink:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="My_Harleigh\";p=\"106510":3nikop0v]She's adorable. Welcome to the forum!

I noticed your signiture saying "Who says theres no such thing as a black boxer?" Well I think alot (if not all) of people here would have to disagree with that. Just giving ya a heads up

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Oh yea, Boxers are kids at heart for a very long time...Technically they aren't considered grown til about 3 tho. That seems to be about when Buck calmed down & Angel hasn't got to that age yet, Samson, well he's wayyy past that :lol:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum from me and my two.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
:-h Welcome from Seattle!!! Ummm...Bibby will be three years old in two weeks and he's STILL a puppy. I don't see it ending anytime soon. Anyone else feel that way about their babies?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Hi and welcome to you, Isis and Helios   Chloe is 3 yrs old and still acting as if she was 3 months old so yep I also agree!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
:-h Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
welcome from the white Isis..lol

Do Your Isis's brindle stripes show yet through the black?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Welcome from Texas. Isis is very cute!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts