Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: hello fom Central New York

Hi everyone, this is my first post here, but I thought I'd chime in, because I live in Watertown - not too far away.  I am the proud mommy to Tucker, a classic floppy fawn who just turned 1 yesterday.  I also have a German Shepherd, 5 cats, 3 kittens and 2 ferrets!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome from Kiah and I, can't wait to see pictures of all your babies.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
:D Welcome to you and your crew!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to all of you, wow that is quite a houseful!!! Look forward to hearing more about Tucker (happy birthday to him as well) and we love pics  :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, what a great welcome!  Thanks everyone!  I just left a board where the people were rude know it alls and the moderating crew were control freaks!  What a pleasant surprise to come here!

And sorry for the weird Watertown comment  -  I originally posted as a reply in someone else's thread about Central NY.  So yes, Donnersmom - that is the very same Watertown NY.  In the last few days we have about 7 inches of snow - fortunately, Tucker loves the snow.  He also is a total water baby - we couldn't keep him out of the lake this summer - and to think I was worried because I heard Boxers don't like the water!    

Tucker came into our lives at only 5 weeks old.  We had just had to have our beloved Rottweiler put down from bone cancer.  We were lonely and our Shepherd was having a hard time.  So we knew we wanted to get a puppy, but weren't sure what breed we wanted to get, but we had talked about a Boxer.  Shortly thereafter, I got a call from a police friend wanting to know if we would be interested in a Boxer pup because they had to take a mom and her babies from a bad breeder.  They needed someone they could trust to take a pup, because mom was too frail to feed them and they were already - out of necessity - eating solid food.  I thought it was meant to be.

Here he is his 2nd day home

And here is one from September - of my favs...

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Wow, I was just reading everyone's responses and saw the story of how you got Tucker..Amazing...He was soo cute as a pup, but I laughed at that second pic with the hose......Hoping you enjoy yourself here, we try to be easy going, don't ask for a lot from our members, well except lots of pics  :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts