Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey There!  Im Cindie, a new boxer owner and new to this site.  Im 36, have two preschool age children (well now three) and am really enjoying my first Boxer.  Her name is Daisy and she is 14 weeks old.  My kids named her but my hubbie and I like to call her Daisy Duke.  Absolutely love her and cant get enough of her.  She is a great addition to our family.

·
Registered
220 Posts
HI!  Welcome to the sitet!  I too am a first time boxer owner for about a month now.  I think our puppies are about two weeks apart in age- Cactus was born August 13th.  I have enjoyed this site so far.  Again welcome.
~Anne

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi again Cindie~
Cactus was named by my four year old.  We live in the desert so perhaps that was inspiration.  Daisy is adorable!  When is her birthday and how much does she weigh?  Cactus is 18.8 lbs as of last monday.  His pictures are all up on the photo gallery on this website.
~Anne

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Daisy's Birthday is 8-1!  We brought her home at 12 weeks and we have had her now for a little more than 2 weeks.  She weighed 15 lbs at her first visit.  She goes back today and im interested in seeing how much she has gained.  My guess 21 lbs.  Ill keep you posted. :p

I need to check out the gallery so i can see Cactus!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Cindie,
Wow, they are so close in age.  I bought Cactus on 10/10/2006 just before he turned two months old.  I think he was around 12 pounds then but  I am just guessing.  I too am taking him to the vet this week for his second series and to get fixed.  The only thing hindering that is he has had two seizures in the past week so I am having to do extra research on which vets handle this type of situation the most.  

I will talk to you soon.  Seems you and I are the only ones saying much right now.
~Anne

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
C~

Sorry to hear about the seizures.  That has to be worrysome :?

Daisy got a clean bill of health.  She now weighs 19.5 lbs which is good considering she was pretty thin two weeks ago.  She was able to get two shots and ill go back in about 1 1/2 months to get her spayed.

Let me know how your vet search goes.  Maybe you can start a thread looking for some vets in your area.

CC

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mom @ Scout & Gunner,

Glad to see someone else from Illinois.  Im in Sycamore, about an hour northwest from Chicago.

You have two beautiful babies!

CC

·
Registered
220 Posts
I love the album of Daisy~ She looks dainty compared to Cactus.  Glad to hear she has a clean bill of health. I wish mine were that way but I think it is with anything you truly love, you take the good with the bad.  Hope you have a good day!
~Anne

1 - 11 of 11 Posts