Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Im Jenny. 19 years old from england.

I used to own a brindle boxer named Kim. She was my baby. I will never find a dog as amazing as she was to me. She died at 6 years old due to a liver disease. I was away at the time for 6 weeks, it was horrific. RIP my baby. She is in my head every second of the day.

My mum has a choc lab x collie pup now, but im hoping to get a boxer again when i move out. As you will probably well know, once you've had a boxer you cant live without them.

Some people might say its wrong to get the same breed twice because you will see your old dog in the new one, but i think thats nice. I'd love to be able to look at a boxer and see my baby in her. Its like a tribute.

Anyway, I cant wait to get propely involved in this forum.. so Hello!!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
As you will probably well know, once you've had a boxer you cant live without them.

WELCOME!!!

i can certainly attest to that!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome!  :)

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Sorry for your loss.  We lost our Rocky puppy in November, it's still difficult.  Now we have a boxer pup, named Henry and he's just fabulous!
Zhanna

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss.  We lost our family boxer, Jake, last February.  He was actually owned by my parents, but he was everyone's dog; just another family member.  At the end of December, my parents got a brindle male puppy, Hudson, and we got one of his brothers, Tonka.  

Welcome.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Welcome!  I do not think it is a bad idea to get the same breed of dog.  Every boxer is different and you will find some of the same traits as your first boxer as well as a personality all it's own in the new one.  I would think it would be comforting to find the similarities.  Good luck on your adventure and keep us posted.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi Jenny!  Welcome to the forum.  I am on my first boxer but I too am hooked.  I know that when my puppy passes on I will have another boxer.... at that point my child will be grown and I may even get into showing them, if I learn enough in the next ten years.  Do you have any photos of your dog you want to share?  I love seeing pictures of boxers.
~Anne
Cactus' mommy- fawn male, five months old

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Hi Jenny and welcome to our forum..I am very sorry for the loss of your sweet Kim....I agree with what everyone else has already said..It's not trying to replace a dog as much as giving love to another..Heck if that was true, none of us would have second boxers and I'm on my third looking for a fourth...Anybody that says that isn't a dog person....

Feel free to chat with us and share stories of your Kim and if you feel like it, would love to see some pictures of her  :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts