Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the Boxer Forums. My name is Elizabeth, I'm 22 (almost 23) and engaged to Shawn (29). I am a soon to be stepmom to a boy and girl (ages 9 and 6), and mother to Alexander, age 2. I am expecting our 2nd and last child together, Cadence, on April 20th.

I am a senior in my last semester at college getting my Bachelors degree (Philosophy major/Psychology minor). We own 2 Boxers, one we've had for two years, the other we just adopted yesterday. Both are "rescues" persay. The first is Spooky, she is an 8 year old black & white Boxer who had several litters for a breeder before being "rehomed" to us. We took her home and she has been the BEST family dog ever. I really think she is the best dog in the world, there is no other like her. She has sold us on the Boxer breed, and since we just purchased our first home with fenced in yard, and have a permanent home now, we have been looking for a second Boxer. We finally found one yesterday and brought him home. He is a 16 month old fawn and black Boxer, male, named Samson (seems to be a popular name for Boxers I see!). We didn't want to get a puppy because we can't deal with the puppy puppy stages with a young toddler and baby on the way, and didn't want to get in over our heads. So we opted to get a young adult, and we couldn't be happier (aside from a few issues). Samson is house trained, and well behaved, energetic but not a chewer and out of the biggest puppy stages. Spooky and him really seem to have hit it off.

Other animals we own..well I ride dressage (well, usually, but I'm pregnant right now and can't). I have a 17.5 year old Quarter horse gelding named Royal. He was my first horse and we've owned him 12 years now.  I also own 3 rabbits, 2 English Lops (Princess I'm All Ears, and Thirteen's McCloud) and 1 Mini Lop who I just rescued and is pregnant we believe (Noel).

I just thought I'd introduce the family before I begin perusing posts!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Sounds like you have your hands full! I am anxious to see pictures so please do post when you can, Welcome From Michigan.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Welcome! Mind if I ask where about in FL? I was born in Orlando, but grew up in Altamonte Springs. However.... now I live up north... (Not really a fan of the cold weather lol)

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Howdy from Texas and welcome! :D
Sounds like you have quite a clan going there! :)
My son would love to do dressage, but it is too expensive for us!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome from SW Florida! :-h It does sound as though you lead a very full life!  :D  I'm so envious that you do dressage. I have always wanted to do that. When I had my horse growing up (many, many years ago!) I had always tried to train my horse to do dressage, but never persued it. He was a great english show and jumper, but I think he would have actually preferred to have been a western trail horse!  :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm in a tiny little town no one would recognize. But we are about 40 minutes north east of the Orlando International Airport so not far from where you used to live BxrLv22.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I posted pics in the Show Off forum of the doggies. I'll post more later!!  :D  On the phone sceduling a neutering for Samson...

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome from WI, you are going to love it here.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
welcome from Chicago! tons of useful info here and everyone is really great. sounds like you have your hands full, congrats! i think it is wonderful!  :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to all of you...Sounds like you have your hands full...look forward to hearing more about your babies and definitely must see some pics of another "Samson"  :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
I just wanted to say I did not see earlier that you owned horses! I too owned horses, but sold my last one back in 05. I am also 22, but am still in school-- so I wont be buying another horse until after I graduate. I used to show in the hunters, but now Im only an equine photographer. (I love it though!-- being a photographer that is :) )

1 - 17 of 17 Posts