·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, other new members have made me realize how rude i

·
Registered
37 Posts
hello to the forum. i am from mississippi. i own 3 boxers, buck age 4yrs old, kayce age 5 yrs old, and chloe 4 months old and i own a kennel, i breed and sale boxers...this site is kool and has good info about the boxers...

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
So glad you got around to introducing yourself...Welcome to the forum. You have had an interesting life and I am very sorry about your brother, but kudos to you for changing his mind about boxers!!!  :)  And it sounds like he's going to get one also, which I think is great...

Thanks for joining our little family and we'd love some pictures of the dashing Voltaire....I love that name...

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hi, welcome to Boxer Forums!  :)
Sorry to hear the news about your brother. My dad also had a brain tumor, but unfortunately his was inoperable. It is a horrible thing to go through. I'm pretty sure my last boxer, Buster had one also. I never had an MRI done on him, so I really will never know. He had all the signs of one. It was kind of spooky seeing my dad go through it, and then watching my dog have the same symptoms my dad had. Really weird. Sounds like your brother is getting excellent care. I think a boxer would definitely help boost his morale and happiness.
Again, welcome!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome, I have done an album- you'll see Voltaire has a very flat face - the muzzle is very short - it must be a european trait! I'd love to be able to have two three or even four boxers like some of you are lucky enough to have. And seeing all those puppies is just so tempting - like being on a diet and getting people sending pictures of cheesecake non-stop! And i imagine being a boxer breeder is the best job in the world (except i'd want to keep 'em all)!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Tootsie, Sorry about your Dad. And sorry about Buster. It's so hard to go through for everyone. Each day Kev's still around is a good day. And i treasure the time he has left.  I'm hoping for at least a few years. He didn't get any symptoms till he was in the US and the tumor was already 5cm by 7cm. They got 90% out but if you've gone through it you'll know that cancer is cancer and when it's an agressive one it's never good. But i'm sure he can still have a maximum of joy in his life however long or short and a boxer will bring him that as well as his lovely wife. She's a star.

·
Registered
521 Posts
caillou, i'm really new here, too! :)  but you probably knew that.  whereabouts in france are you?  i was there years ago, and england as well (actualyl, i just came back from germany a month ago, too!)

i'm so sorry to hear about your brother, i hope things pan out well and a dog may be a GREAT thing to boost morale and positivity!

welcome!

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Beckhamboxer - i've enjoyed your photos! I'm about 60miles south of Paris (about an hours drive). And in England my parents live in the south west in Somerset. I was born in Bath - if you ever visited? Very beautiful city. (It's called a city but americans would consider it tiny!)

·
Registered
521 Posts
No, I've never been to bath but ALWAYS wanted to go!  We stayed in London for about a week and Old Paris (Montemartre) for a week also. I totally fell in love with Montemartre, it was so amazing.  I definitely need to go back! :)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Welcome Caillou!  Sorry to hear about your brother, but i agree with your theroy and every one else. I think a boxer will help with both moral and happiness. Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It does have it's charm! Great views from up there. I'm a bit of a countryside lover myself and hardly ever make the effort to go to Paris. But i admit when the weather's nice you can enjoy just walking aroud all day. The atmosphere's special. My brother's more of a traveller - before Saint Louis he was in Toulouse (south of France for a year) and before that 2 years in Paris. He loved Paris. It's kind of small. He says Saint Louis is Big and very built up so you have to go miles to get into the countryside. His favourite american thing is Whole Foods Market! As well as the americans! Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Chloesmom, I think doctors should prescribe boxers. I hope he will be able to get one and that his wife (a golden retriever lover) will let him!

·
Registered
521 Posts
caillou\";p=\"4507 said:
It does have it's charm! Great views from up there. I'm a bit of a countryside lover myself and hardly ever make the effort to go to Paris. But i admit when the weather's nice you can enjoy just walking aroud all day. The atmosphere's special. My brother's more of a traveller - before Saint Louis he was in Toulouse (south of France for a year) and before that 2 years in Paris. He loved Paris. It's kind of small. He says Saint Louis is Big and very built up so you have to go miles to get into the countryside. His favourite american thing is Whole Foods Market! As well as the americans! Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?
don't mind at all! I live in Minnesota (southern, it's really not as cold here as everyone thinks!), about 18 miles from downtown Minneapolis, where I work.  I really love the Twin Cities.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm sure it's lovely! Kev said the cold took some getting used to in Saint Louis - it seemed one week it was mius 10

·
Registered
905 Posts
Tink loves to sunbathe too... when it's not raining, that is  :D

This summer is supposed to very hot (well by Irish standards, anyway) so I'll have to be careful she doesn't get a sunburn.

This is her basking in a bit of sun shining on the couch...

·
Registered
521 Posts
[quote="caillou\";p=\"4517":3aofku0l]I'm sure it's lovely! Kev said the cold took some getting used to in Saint Louis - it seemed one week it was mius 10

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What a sun worshipper! That photo's a beaut! As for the rain, Voltaire pretends not to hear me & be asleep for his last wee of the day if it's raining out. He'd rather stay with a full bladder for 8 hours than get a bit wet of an evening!

·
Registered
521 Posts
caillou\";p=\"4524 said:
What a sun worshipper! That photo's a beaut! As for the rain, Voltaire pretends not to hear me & be asleep for his last wee of the day if it's raining out. He'd rather stay with a full bladder for 8 hours than get a bit wet of an evening!
isn't it so funny what BIG BABIES they are??  we think its hilarious!  we have two cats, and beckham has finally started to follow them.  the second they turn around and growl a little he comes BOUNDING back to me.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Voltaire is definitely a surrogate baby for me...and they love being treated like babies. Never happier than snoring in your arms all four legs pointing skywards whilst you give them cuddles. I've turned mine into a bit of a wuss though!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts