Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to introduce myself and say Hello to all of you Boxer lovers.  I don't have a Boxer at the moment because we just lost our beloved Maggie May to Boxer Dilated Cardiomyopathy right before Christmas.  I miss my girl so much.  Since I own my own business and work from home, she was my constant companion.  We walked for miles in the woods every single day of her short life.  Being on this forum with all of you comforts me.  Our house is so quiet without the spunk and energy of a Boxer.  I have a Boston Terrier, Havoc, who misses his best friend very much.  For both of these reasons, I am in the process of looking for a new boxer puppy...hopefully, by this summer.  I am just going to be extremely picky about the breeder I choose.  Cardiac testing is my main concern.  I never want to go through this devastating disease again, even though I know there is always a risk with a Boxer.

I almost decided not to get another Boxer, but I think once your heart is taken over by one, there is really no other choice.  A Boston is a good lapdog, but can't do all of the things an athletic Boxer can.

In the meantime, until I am a Boxer mom again, I am going to sit back and enjoy all of you and all of your stories and smile as I imagine your lives with your special ones.

WoodsLady
Palos Park, IL

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hello and welcome from Gaby and me....Sooo sorry to hear about the loss of your girl, I know exactly how you feel, I also recently lost my previous boxer girl who was my first dog, best friend and also my constant companion as I also work from home....I'm glad to hear you are looking for another one and doing all the research and being picky about it...I do agree with you that once you have had a boxer you just can't be without one.

good luck on your search!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
So sorry for your loss, if and when you feel up to it we would love to see some pictures.  Welcome to the forum from Kiah and I.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome.  :)
I am so sorry for your loss. I can understand where you are coming from. My last boxer was diagnosed with boxer cardiomyopathy as well. His was very well managed with meds, but I still lost him at the age of 6, due to what we believe was a brain tumor.
I too struggled with the idea of getting another boxer, because of all the health problems I went through with Buster, I didn't know if I could handle the pain ever again. I think you said it best when you said "once your heart is taken over by one, there is really no other choice." That is so true for me. I just couldn't bear the thought of not having a boxer in my life.
Good luck in your search, and welcome aboard!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Hello and Welcome. I am so very sorry for you loss of Maggie May. how heart breaking that must have been for you. please keep us posted on your search for your new puppy. I couldnt imagine not having a boxer in my life!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Welcome from Texas! I am terribly sorry for your loss - RIP Maggie May...I lost my girl Skylar last September and it is never easy losing a family member and companion. I miss my girl terribly but the two brats I have now keep me so busy and have so many of the same boxer quirks that Skylar had, it is like I still have her around in some way...sounds strange, I know.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
sorry to hear of loss of your beloved girl. i noticed you are from palos park. i grew up in tinley park, i live in chicago now though.welcome to the forums!!!! :D  :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My heart goes out to you for your loss and can imagine how quiet it is around your house right now, nothing like a Boxer or 2 to fill up a space :) Good luck on your search for another pup and if you need any help with anything, please feel free to send me a PM...In the meantime, just sit back and read about all our adventures and feel free to jump in with anything at anytime...Good info is the best and if you have things to share, by all means, we welcome it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just had time to check back in and I am touched by all of you who took a moment to welcome me.  I'm new to this forum stuff, so I'm kind of hesitant to just jump in and start writing.  I'm sure I'll get the hang of it.

I will try to get some photos of Maggie ...as well as some of Maggie and Havoc and/or the rest of my crew together (looking at her photos guarantees a lump in my throat for about an hour) and get them up here so you'll see what a beauty she was.

Thanks again, everyone.  It feel right for me to be here.  I wish I would have done this sooner...I might have learned something before it was too late. But, I'm here now and I see I have all the Boxer help and support in the world!  What a great feeling!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts