Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there,
My husband and I getting a male fawn. We get to pick him up on the 26th. We are new to the boxer breed but not to dogs. We had a blue pitbull but when we got orders to come to Japan we were told that the base here would allow pits on base so we gave him to one of our good friends who he loved. We have a pomeranian who is almost 3 and we were able to bring him with us. We also have 2 boys ages 2 years and 3 months. We have been wanting a boxer for a long time because we have heard so many good things about the breed and we have been told they are very good with children. We didn't think we would ever be able to get one while we were over here but we got lucky and found a breeder off base. I am excited to have our 2 boys grow up with a boxer. I wish I had some pictures of him to post but once we get him I will post some. I look forward to meeting all of you. :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum..Japan? Wow, we are getting very international here..That's great...Read thru our puppy section as we have a ton of new puppies in here and there is a lot of very good advice and info  :)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hi and welcome!  :D  I just finished reading your husbands intro. Looking forward to meeting Hiruko!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are going to name him Hiruko. IHiruko is the Japanese god of the morning sun. He also guards over the health of little children. We really like it since we have 2 small children.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Welcome! I love Japan! It's sooo beautiful! And I love their culture too..

·
Registered
780 Posts
I just joined too!  My first experience with a boxer was when we were military.  Our neighbors had a boxer.  They were from Japan and were stationed in the states.  The boxer was Tia, she was adorable and full of everything boxer.  I remember one day when we went out and came back, Tia had eaten the little red tablets the dentist had given my friend (Keiko) and had a red mouth, teeth, and the furniture had red drool all over it and little Tia just sat there giving us those sad brown eyes saying....It wasn't me!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts