Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to first make mention of the fact that our cat died this morning at 11:11 am...We resucued her 20 years ago..She was mostly Siamese...She can never be replaced...So be it..
   My name is Mary Ellen and I have had Boxers since the day I was born...Currently, " Gracie" is the only one that remains...She was given to me by the Chapel Hill Police who are affiliated with Boxer Rescue...I have posted a photo of her in the new album that I created...I had put my coat and a few other things on my couch..Gracie decided to get up there and make herself comfortable...So, one of my boys took the picture...
    I found this group by sheer coincidence because I am a great fan of Caesar Millan, The Dog Whisperer....And I was looking up some information on him and saw this wonderful site !!!  So I joined...
    For over 20 years my ex- husband and my sons and I ran  "Belvedere Farm Animal Refuge" here in NC....We took in any animal that no one wanted...We had to shut down in 1998 because it literally made me sick...I am much better now, and continue with my Psychic work...The refuge was named after the first Boxer that my parents got before I was born...
   We still have other dogs and cats, but the gal that died this morning was the last remaining pet from our original shelter...She will be sorely missed...I look forward to becoming familiar with this group....
         Love and Peace to all, Mary Ellen....MaryEllenArmstrong.com

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Welcome from Texas! Can't wait to see pics of your pup and I am so sorry for your loss. It is always hard to lose a fur kid!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your warm greeting there in Texas...I was not sure I even wanted to get on the computer today, but I am glad I did...I love your photo...Reminds me of my Gracie !!!
   Love and Peace, Mary Ellen

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I am very sorry for the loss of your cat, 20 yrs is a real long time....Look forward to hearing more about Gracie and definitely lots of pics as well... :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Samsonsmom !!!   It is so devastating...Some people think that it is only an animal...But, we know better...As for Gracie, she is quite a character...She was just turning two when we got her...Now she is 5...She is so funny because she sees things that aren't there...And if anything is on the kitchen table she will bark at it until we give it to her...I will have to get some more photos and post them...
       Have a blessed evening...Love and Peace, Mary Ellen

G

·
0 Posts
Welcome from Michigan and my two crazy boxer babies!  I have a cat who seems to be mostly or at least part siameese...I hope she has as long and happy and healthy a life as your baby and I'm so sorry for your loss

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your loss... it's always SO difficult. We are looking forward to pics and crazy stories!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Mastray and Aquagirl and Britneysdad and Rodimus,
        Wow, I knew Boxer people are special... Thanks for adding your names to my other welcomes...I am so delighted as I just had to do my pilot radio show and was not in that good of a mood...I did manage to get a short plug in for The Dog Whisperer...And I briefly mentioned my cat, but had to quickly change the subject....I have heard that cats who are part Siamese live very long lives...I guess our gal proved that...Gracie still wanted to play with her when she was in a coma at the end...It was sort of sweet...
         I have looked at all of your photos..What can I say ???  I love ALL doggies, but Boxers are the best...
                       Love, Mary Ellen

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Kiah and me.  So sorry to hear about your loss, it is so hard when our babies leave us.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Barb and good morning...
      Thank you for welcoming me...It is always so hard..And I swear I will not get anymore..And then I do...In my life, when one pet dies another one just shows up very soon thereafter...
       I have to say that out of all the groups I have either joined in the year and a half since I learned the computer, this is by far the friendliest ....
                 Love and Peace, Mary Ellen

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Hello from Florida! Im new too and I just love this site so far, I have been reading posts for months and thought "what a great group of people" Glad ya joined! Im sorry for your loss! I know its hard losing a loved pet :(  I still have to learn how to post a album and all that but I look forward to looking at yours :)

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hello, form Ontario Canada.....this forum is absolutely wonderful, you will love it here.....Sorry to hear about your kitty, it's hard losing are loved ones

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Everyone,
    I see that Florida and Tennessee and Canada are all in the house !!!  Thank you all so much for the warm greetings...I am so enjoying this site, especially all the photos...It does my heart good to see how people love their dogs....
   Be back soon, Love, Mary Ellen

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Boxer Man Rich !!!  I just saw a blurb that said I had "blocked images"...So I wasn't seeing all the photos....Your are the first that I am getting full access to !!!!     And I am blown away..Each and every one of them is adorable....Wow !!! Thank you so much for saying "hello"...This group is the best...
        Love and peace, Mary Ellen

1 - 18 of 18 Posts