Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question/Information

Hi

I am writing this to you to see if you can help me with my Boxer. I apologize if this isn't the proper place for this.

My 1 month shy of 9 y/o male Boxer is showing the symptoms of becoming partially paralyzed with DM. I think that this has to be one of the worst way to lose a beloved pet as he acts totally normal; and not in pain.

I know I am far from being the only one to deal with this but it doesn't change the fact that I feel so gutted. Where does one draw the line when it comes to deciding the dogs quality of life, I doubt I would ever be able to put him in a wheelchair device and even if i could he would be stuck in 1 of 2 rooms due to the way the house is laid out.

I can't stand the thought of not having a dog and after having a Boxer it is hard to have a different breed other than a mutt.

Would it be helpful for him and me to get another dog now? Or would his typical Boxer playfulness cause more damage? I suppose the main reason for this post is simply wanting to get rid of what uncertainty I can. Do you think foster would be possible/good/bad? He is sweetheart and not a fighter but very protective.

Sorry so long winded, just need any answers I can get.

Thank you for all you Boxer lovers do for the love of our breed.

Any local people? Metro Oklahoma area?

Todd

405-406-0857 talk or text.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts