Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Just signed up today- thought I'd introduce myself before I started checking everything out.

My name is Nicole and my boyfriend and I are proud parents of a 5 month old boxer pup. We've had him for about a month now and his name is Rocco. He's fawn brindle and all legs. We also have a 3 year old chocolate lab mix- Rado. Not sure if any of you are into cars, some of you might notice they're both named after VWs- Corrado and Scirocco.

So far, it seems Rocco is a perfect fit in our family. I'm learning first hand what love-y dogs they are. He took an hour long nap in my lap within 15 minutes of meeting me and the kisses are endless! A far cry from our lab, who has been quite independent, even in his puppy days! Overall, I'm really impressed on how well and how quickly the 2 'brothers' are taking to each other!

I've done limited research, but I am really looking forward to getting more familiar with the unique breed characteristics.  I have tons of questions- but I think I'll check out the forums and see if they haven't been answered already!

Thanks! -Nicole

(PS- just checked out the massive amount of 'forum faces' you guys have....oh am I going to like those!! haha)

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Hi Nicole, BF, Rocco and of course Rado. You have found a great resource for getting answers and of course meeting great peeps.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome to Boxer Forums!!!  :D

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Hello and welcome!! Please be sure to read up on the puppy sections. lots of great questions and advice there! Please feel free to jump in at any time and be sure to post lots of pics!! we LOVE  :love: pics!!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Hello and Welcome!  I have only been on the forum for a little over a month and I have learned so much, gotten great tips and lot of laughs.  The pictures are the best :lol:

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Hi Nicole and Welcome!!  You will love it here, can't wait to see pics of your fur babies  :)

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Hello & Welcome!  You'll find a lot of great advice on here.  My boxer is 5 1/2 months and I've had tons of questions.....so ask away!  Looking forward to pics and getting to know you guys!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Hello from me and Fiona.  She is 3 1/2 months and new questions come everyday with the little wiggle butterbean butt.  This is a great place for tips and advice.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Sounds like some wonderful kiddoes you have. Cant wait to see some pics

·
Registered
948 Posts
Welcome, Nicole!! We only live a few hours away from each other! I'm by PSU!! Can't wait to see pics of Rocco and Rado!

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
WELCOME!! You will soon find out that we are a lovely bunch of "coconuts" lol I mean boxer nuts :lol:  Dont mind me if that doesnt make sense lol Im tired! :oops:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi and Welcome! You will love it here, I am new to the site as well and there are a ton of great people on here. Def. a great place to learn more about your boxer :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hello and welcome!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to all of you...We are a pretty laid back bunch, so feel free to jump in any time with questions, tips, you name it..We are rather pic crazy, so those are a must.... :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome!  Can't wait to see your guys!  Boxer kisses are the best especially if they haven't just gotten out of the sand box!  :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
awww :) Thanks everyone!!

As soon as I got home last night, I told my BF I signed up and told him you guys call their curled up greeting ' kidney beaning.' he thought it was hilarious and then called him 'beaner' all night :doh:

I've really been slacking on taking pictures of our little guy :( This one is my only- and it's from the previous owner. Cute- but doesn't show much. I promise I'll work on more pictures of him this weekend!!

The lab- he's another story...tons of pics of him

here he is 'helping' around the garage

notice the tire toy sitting right in front of him? yeah. he's chewing on sandpaper instead.  :roll:

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
They are adorable!!!

They are just like kids... My cousin got a bike a few years ago, and spent an hour and a half sitting in the cardboard box it came in....  before he actually sat on the bike!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts