Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

Hello From PA :)

2K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  JessiesMom 
#1 ·
Hi all! Just signed up today- thought I'd introduce myself before I started checking everything out.

My name is Nicole and my boyfriend and I are proud parents of a 5 month old boxer pup. We've had him for about a month now and his name is Rocco. He's fawn brindle and all legs. We also have a 3 year old chocolate lab mix- Rado. Not sure if any of you are into cars, some of you might notice they're both named after VWs- Corrado and Scirocco.

So far, it seems Rocco is a perfect fit in our family. I'm learning first hand what love-y dogs they are. He took an hour long nap in my lap within 15 minutes of meeting me and the kisses are endless! A far cry from our lab, who has been quite independent, even in his puppy days! Overall, I'm really impressed on how well and how quickly the 2 'brothers' are taking to each other!

I've done limited research, but I am really looking forward to getting more familiar with the unique breed characteristics.  I have tons of questions- but I think I'll check out the forums and see if they haven't been answered already!

Thanks! -Nicole

(PS- just checked out the massive amount of 'forum faces' you guys have....oh am I going to like those!! haha)

See less See more
#5 ·
Hello and Welcome!  I have only been on the forum for a little over a month and I have learned so much, gotten great tips and lot of laughs.  The pictures are the best :lol:

#16 ·
Hello and welcome!!!

#19 ·
awww :) Thanks everyone!!

As soon as I got home last night, I told my BF I signed up and told him you guys call their curled up greeting ' kidney beaning.' he thought it was hilarious and then called him '******' all night :doh:

I've really been slacking on taking pictures of our little guy :( This one is my only- and it's from the previous owner. Cute- but doesn't show much. I promise I'll work on more pictures of him this weekend!!

The lab- he's another story...tons of pics of him

here he is 'helping' around the garage

notice the tire toy sitting right in front of him? yeah. he's chewing on sandpaper instead.  :roll:

#20 ·
They are adorable!!!

They are just like kids... My cousin got a bike a few years ago, and spent an hour and a half sitting in the cardboard box it came in....  before he actually sat on the bike!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.