Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am the proud "mom" of a 15 week old female boxer. My Ashley is the joy of my life right now, and we grow each day in our goals for training, and a future as a possible Therapy dog.
My little girl is no longer "little"  :D  She weighs 25 lbs, and has just had her ears cropped setting her back aboout 5 lbs off what she should be ( lost her appitite for a few days after surgery. I am estimating she will be abou 60 lbs when full grown, as her sire was 110 lbs and dam was 60 lbs also.
Her cropping went great, as at day 10 the sutures came out, and at day 11 post op she has one ear in full stance, and one ear with barely a droop to the tip. She was treated by a Vet here in San Antonio, who only does cropping if you argee to follow all pain med policies, and she suffered very little ( although she did reatct to the glue they used on the posting material..simple fix..sutes out..no more glue! ). I know, its a personal choice to do this, and love either floppy or cropped, but wanted this as she even at 8 weeks already had "stinky ear syndrome" YUCK!!
Any way, I am glad to be a part of a new forum, and hope to give you all a few smiles with the antics of my special furbaby!

G

·
0 Posts
Welcome from Texas!  We would love to see pictures of your baby!  Looking at all the pictures is one of my favorite parts   :)

You will learn LOTS here.  I sure have!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!! Yay! SA!! I'm hoping to go in September... lots of family there and I want to stay at the B&B hubby and I were married at for our 5 year anniversary!!

Looking forward to pictures and crazy boxer stories... glad her cropping went great! Odin was the same way! It seemed it was over with before it even started!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Welcome to you and Ashley from Phoenix and I.

Can't wait to see pictures! We are picture hungry around here all the time!  :D

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Welcome....
I believe on most forums if you dont post pictures it is and should be ilegal.  But we let it slide due to the amount of time people spend searching all the old threads and not have time to post pictures.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Wow, our Texas contingency is really growing  :) Welcome to the forum...Look forward to seeing some pics of Ashley...Regarding the ear crop, I don't think there is one person here that would condone you, many have struggled with that decision..I do prefer the natural ear, but there is nothing more regal looking than a lovely Boxer with a beautiful crop  :)

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ACK!!! I thought her pictures attached last light ..sorry all!! I am trying to get them down to size to fit on here..I have some of each week of development, but my camara decided to set the pixels too high....oh well..I'll have hubby fix tem, and post this afternoon for you all to see!  :oops:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Kiah and I.  We have a great bunch of people on the forum and lots of information on the stickys in each forum.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
:-h Welcome. Ashley is beautiful!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts