Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[align=right] :D Hello. I am really not new to this forum, but I could not remember my logon info. to log on, but it has been a while since I was on here.  Just this past July our family moved back to the states from Germany. We were in Germany for 7 years. Both of our Boxers moved with us.  Buster and Haley, which their pictures are on your boxer forums home page...  Which is pretty cool.  Like I said it's been several months since I've been on here, almost a year I think.  But we are all settled in to our new home in South Carolina.  Looking forward to chatting with you all again.  Buster is 5 now and Haley is 2! They are doing great!  It's great to be back in the States, but we do miss Germany a little.  It's a completely different world over there.  We are new to South Carolina, we are originally from Indiana.  We will be here for about 3 years.  My husband is military.  I have 2 human children, and 3 dogs altogether.  Boomer, our 3rd dog, is a Shih-Tzu.  He is 9.  It's nice to be here, again and I hope to be chatting with you all real soon.

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
:-h Welcome Back to you Buster and Haley! I always wondered who those cute babies belonged to on the homepage. They are adorable!  :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Tootsie. That picture was taken while we were in Germany. I haven't had time to take any new pics since we've been here. I'll have to post some new ones soon.   :D

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Welcome back to the forum! Buster and Haley are such cuties! Looking forward to hearing more about them  :D  How did they take the moves?

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Welcome back :lol: I can't imagine moving that far with 2 dogs, wow ! You must have some stories to tell :wink: Looking forward to seeing/hearing all about Buster and Haley, nice to know who the babies on the home page are!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Wecome back, can't wait to see pictures.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome back..I love your 2 babies, they are gorgous...Look forward to re-learning all about them as you get yourself acclimated to life back in the states :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haley and Buster made the long flight from Germany to Baltimore just fine.  They were nervous, but ok.  Then we had a 2-3 hour drive from Balitmore to Indiana, where we stayed for 30 days until we had to leave for South Carolina.  They had a little trouble getting use to new surroundings and different people.  They decided they didn't want to eat for a while, which concerned me.  They were eating Nutro Natural Lamb&Rice, but all of a sudden they didn't want it anymore.  Then there was the getting use to the new water....fun...NOT!  Their pooh was really nasty for a while.  I finally got them to eat their food by adding some wet food for a while. They both got fleas from my mother-in-laws cats...Grrrrr! So, flea baths and flea spot was used...which took a while to make them flea free. Over in Germany, we didn't have to treat for fleas, just ticks.  Then there was the fun car ride from Indiana to Columbia, South Carolina! 12 hours in the car is not what I call fun, but we stopped several times to let the dogs run and potty. We had 2 vehicals, one carrying luggage and one carrying the dogs. But we made it...
Once in South Carolina, we had to stay in a hotel for about 8 day.  8 days of HE double hockey sticks!!!  We had 3 dogs, 2 kids, 2 adults in one room for 8 days.  The up side was that there was a pool!  The dogs again had to go through the water change and of course they hated the hotel.  The elevator rides were fun!  :D   And of course the multiple trips up and down the stairs for potty breaks was a highlight as well.  But finally we found a house, but unfortuntely it has a very small back yard, but lots of places to go for long walks.  I think for the most part, they did very well.  They love to for walks that include going to the little pond down the road...they like chasing the ducks into the water.  Haley hates water, so she only goes in so far, but Buster love it!  It goes right in!  
So, yes it was an adventure!  We're just glad to be in one place again for a while anyway.  I've got a few pics to share. Enjoy!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These are more recent pictures of Buster and Haley this summer.  They love to be together!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Wow that trip does sound like HE#$!! Glad you made it through and kudos to you for keeping the dogs and yourself sane through it all. I can imagine the hotel and the car rides were the worst so you must be glad to be back in the states. Your babies are absolutely gorgeous. I love the tongue picks  :)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Welcome back...to the states and the forum :D your babies are adorable, glad that things are calming down...moving that far must be an experince!! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts