Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there everyone;
I am a boxer lover and I live in Cincinnati w/ my husband and our boxer Lucy.  I am looking to rescue another boxer...and wanted to join a boxer site!!!
I'm looking for any advice about having 2 boxers and the proper way to find our next boxer!?
Thanks.........

·
Registered
60 Posts
Welcome!
Well.. I always recommend going through a reputable rescue facility/group. (or if buying a puppy - RESEARCH your breeder carefully!)

I LOVE having more than one Boxer, and would likely recommend two of the opposite sex, rather than adding another of the same sex, even though Im assuming your girl is spayed. and that would certainly help prevent them not getting along.

Enjoy your visit!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Paula,
I am looking into getting a Male; i've heard that if I have a female that I should get a Male.  I just really think my boxer needs a playmate other than my husband and I...b/c sometimes, believe or not; we can't play fetch 24/7  (although I try too)....
My boxer loves all animals too; so I think she would really really enjoy a boxer companion; thanks for your thoughts and please send any advice, insight....
I am still waiting to hear from our Local Boxer Rescue regarding this Male Boxer I found....what's taking so long?? lol...i can't wait to meet him.  
Lucy's Mom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts