Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Northern Michigan.  We are a first time boxer family, but we have done a lot of web searching regarding boxers.  We have a couple of friends that have boxers and they absolutely love them.  We actually started looking at boxers a year ago and today we decided to finally get one.  His name is Trakkar pronounced like "Tracker".  He is a white boxer, mom is brindle and dad is fawn.  He's the only white pup in the litter.  We know there's a risk of deafness with white boxers, but we just couldn't pass him up.  He's so adorable and loves to snuggle with us.  We will start off, deaf or not by training with hand/sign signals.  I've heard that this form of training really works well.  We just can't wait until he comes home.

Here's our new family member.  We will be bringing him home in little while.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Oh, he's BEAUTIFUL! How old is he??  Welcome Trakkar and family!  He reminds me so much of our Mic when he was littler...what an angel! You won't be sorry...they are SO worth anything you have to go through...there's nothing better then a boxer in the family!

Congratulations!  

:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are about 40 minutes South of Traverse City near the town of Cadillac.  He's about 6 weeks old right now and already starting to eat puppy food.  He does still nurse off his mother, but actually prefers food and water out of the bowl.  He's quite big for only being 6wks old.  When I first saw him, I was thinking more like 10-12 wks old.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to Trakker and his new family, can't wait to see more picutres.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Wow he is big for 6 weeks!  Will be a big boy!....Welcome you you and your family! Keep us posted on when he comes home and be ready to send some pics our way...This forum is great you will like it here...There is plenty to read on puppies and if you dont see an answer, just ask!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, since picking out Trakkar, we debated all night and even this morning about getting a second boxer, one of his brothers.  We feel that we will eventually end up getting a second one, so we are debating on just getting one of his siblings that he's familiar with and going through the potty training and other training at one time.  We would really like for them to be buddies with each other as well as our two boys.  Yes, that will really be a workout if we decide on two, but oh I'm sure it will be fun. :lol:  

Anyone have an thoughts getting two right away??????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts