Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
My name is Jeanne.
My best friend in the world died eighteen months ago. Her name was Dixie Diana and she was a beautiful fawn boxer girl. She was only 7 years old when cancer took her from me.
She endured the dreaded 'C' not once, but twice in her short like. The first time was when she was 3 1/2 years old. She lost her lower jaw bone and chin to a rare form of cancer. It was difficult for her but she learned to eat, drink water and even pick up toys again. She lived happy and cancer free for the next three years. Then in Jan. 2006 I felt the swollen lymp nodes in her neck while hugging her one day. I knew when I felt them (I am a former Vet Assistant) that she likely had Lymphoma. My suspicions were confirmed two days later. Then on April 26, 2006 the Lymphoma took her from me.
At the time she passed we had three other dogs....Brittany, Skylar and Dixie Rose. And now five more dogs have joined the family.
Dixie taught us so much about loving and caring that we opened our hearts and home to dogs in need of homes.
Two we rescued when they were on their last days before they were to be put down.
Now because of all that Dixie brought to my life
I am the proud 'Mom' of...
Two Boxers...Brittany  8 1/2 years old and Dixie Rose  2 years old next month.
Two English Bulldogs.....Tyco and Tonka   9 months old
One Dalmatian......Skylar   6 years old
One Yellow Lab.....Marlee Mae   1 year old
One Boxer mix....Kash  (Rescue) approximately 2 years old
One Lab mix.....Tristan  (Rescue) approximately 2 years old.

I still hope to someday (hopefully in the near future) to have another boxer girl to honor my Dixie Diana. That is where the nickname Izzy comes in. That is the name I have chosen if I am lucky enough to have another beautiful boxer girl!  :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Your poor little girl. :( That must've been very hard for you. But you seem to have a lot of furry friends to help take the pain away! How do you handle them all? Of course, if I had the room, I'd probably have that many too. :)

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from all of us in Salt Lake City.  I'm so impressed by your big heart and your caring for your girl through all the rough times.  It sounds like you have quite a crowd and we'd love to see pictures and hear all about them.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
bleujoli\";p=\"40588 said:
Your poor little girl. :( That must've been very hard for you. But you seem to have a lot of furry friends to help take the pain away! How do you handle them all? Of course, if I had the room, I'd probably have that many too. :)
Me too, I would love to have that many. I will be lucky to get two at a time.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Welcome from Sadie and me. I agree with Kate in that I am so impressed with what you have done in her memory. I don't know how you do it though, it must be a handful! Kudos to you for making it work. And I'm so sorry for your loss of Dixie Diana. She was lucky to have a Mom like you. I can't wait to hear about and see pics of all of your babies.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to all of you...Wow, that's quite a houseful!!! Life is definitely interesting I am sure....I am very sorry for the loss of your Dixie Diana, we would love to learn about her and all your other furkids and pictures are always nice :)

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hello and welcome!

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. That must have been heartbreaking to go through cancer twice. Looking forward to hearing all the stories of your crew. Welcome again.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome, so sorry to hear of your loss.  Sounds like a great group of furkids; can't wait to see pictures

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Hello & Welcome!  Sorry to hear about your loss.  Sounds like Dixie was a trooper though, poor girl went through so much.  I bet she was a wonderful pup and lives on in your extended family of dogs!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Welcome...so sorry to hear of Dixie Diana...I have never loved any dog like I do my boxers...I can only imagine how hard that must have been!

Looking forward to getting to know your family better and seeing lots of pics! :)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
what a wonderful furkid family you have! oh to have so many. I am so very sorry for the loss of izzy. Cant wait to see wonderful pics of your wonderful family.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks so much for the warm welcome!
I am so glad that I found your forum!!  :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts