Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I too will be looking for a boxer pup. Our home just isn't the same without his "soul" here. We are not ready but I will begin my search. I want a breeder that knows their line. Whats funny is I couldn't find a boxer pup two years ago when I got my standard poodle. I got him when I thought my adult daughter would be moving out on her on. But we have decided unless she meets the "right guy" she will just stay at home. Our house is big enough and with my husband not well and our age it is in a way beneficial to all of us. So what I found with my poodle is I no longer have hair and drool on everything. He is quite lovely and part of me wouldn't mind a 2nd as the are mouthy bouncy players. Kai was not mouthy or bouncy, ever. But somehow I need that "soul" of the boxer, that wiggly butt, the soft kisses, and the jelly bean excitement (his with 4 feet on the ground) poodle all 4 feet off the ground. So we are on a search. Kai had a thicker look and thats what I want in a new guy too. Kai was a flashy brindle, I think we will look for a fawn or that reddish mahogany. Now color has never been important to me, temperament is number 1 but I think its a better idea not to have one that looks like the boy we lost.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Lindar51 Glad you are thinking of looking around again, the house is just not the same without a boxer in it I went a whole year one time with no dog at all and it was pretty lonely. Then after I lost my 2 to dcm I went about 3 months no dogs so it is hard, but you have to be sure to be ready the puppy thing is a challenge to start all over again!

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I certainly know what a challenge it is. I'm not ready ..just thinking and investigating possible breeders. Part of me wants another but the other part does not...so that means we are not ready, my daughter feels the same. I told her there would be nothing worse than getting a puppy and finding we are not really ready. She is very busy at work right now and I have so much to do here at home presently I don't feel I could devote the time yet.
So since we are on "stay at home" orders I am working on my backyard. It is nothing but weeds and there are two types of weeds that carry round burr like stickers. I have been pulling them out by hand, anyone would think I am totally bonkers. I just can't seem to poison the yard. So as soon as I can get some dirt delivered and find someone to haul it into the backyard, cheaply I will. Then I will sod . Right now its getting difficult to get anything done, even Home Depot has a queue now and it takes forever to get what you need.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts