Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm excited to join with all of you in our love for Boxers. I have had 5 Boxers so far and am picking up my 6th on Saturday. Right now I have an American Bulldog female and I used to have a Boxer male but he passed away suddenly at the end of April. We will be bringing home a Brindle Boxer male on Saturday and I am excited and a bit nervous because it's been a while since I've had a puppy in the house.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, I'm excited to join with all of you in our love for Boxers. I have had 5 Boxers so far and am picking up my 6th on Saturday. Right now I have an American Bulldog female and I used to have a Boxer male but he passed away suddenly at the end of April. We will be bringing home a Brindle Boxer male on Saturday and I am excited and a bit nervous because it's been a while since I've had a puppy in the house.
I hope you enjoy your new baby! Look forward to you showing him off!

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have a 7 yr old Boxee mix female who looks like you girl. We also have a 10 month old 85lb male Boxer who is a joy but I so get your worrying about getting a new pup. Our boy Grant is a typical boxer pup who has been quite successful at destroying speakers, feather pillows, a wooll area rug and our mattresses. He now has to be kenneled while we are at work because he can not be trusted alone. Grant is our first male boxer. We have had the pleasure of owning 4 female boxers over the last 23 yrs. I must admit that there is a huge difference between the males and females but both have their enduring qualities. Enjoy your new family member.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Welcome!
I'm sorry for your loss this year.
We'd like to see photos of your bulldog too it you can share.

Congrats on your new puppy too! We have 3 males. Two that will be 5 in October, and a 16 month old puppy. The puppies are a lot of work to get them into the groove of things and potty trained, but it is absolutely worth it- as you know. To me the sleep deprivation of taking them out during the night is the hardest part.

Remember to take lots and lots of photos, they grow sooooo fast!

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have had 3 boxers - currently have 2 just lost our 12 year old a few months ago to cancer. She gave us a great 12 years!

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
I must admit that there is a huge difference between the males and females but both have their enduring qualities. Enjoy your new family member.
LOL yes, yes they are. :)

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Our boy Grant is a typical boxer pup who has been quite successful at destroying speakers, feather pillows, a wool area rug and our mattresses. He now has to be kenneled while we are at work because he can not be trusted alone. Grant is our first male boxer.
Hmmm ... you have some "issue" here.

And you are "managing" it well enough, but ... you can do better! You should start a thread for your guy! Cuz it sounds like you are a victim of the "I did this with my "Other Dogs" thing and it worked out well???

But this dog ... is not your other dogs. It's time to learn "New Stuff" for the dog at hand. :)

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
We have had 3 boxers - currently have 2 just lost our 12 year old a few months ago to cancer. She gave us a great 12 years!
12 years is a great run ... but sorry for your loss. And yeah Bxers and Cancer ... that happens quite a bit. :(

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Oh ... I'm sorry, I did not see you'd lost your male this year??? :(

And we just had another member with an ABD join up! So of course we'd like to your girl and her past buddy if you have pictures??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts