Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a thread to introduce myself and Laila - 16 weeks tomorrow. All going well, except for the odd biting and being desperate to make friends with everyone she meets on her walks!

·
Registered
979 Posts
She is adorable is she your first Boxer? They are different and they are very excited for life. She will settle down at about 2 so just be patient with her and do your training and you will have the best dog you ever had!

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
What a pretty girl, welcome to the forum, just sit until Chip sees her (another member on forum). He loves white girl boxers. LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had 3 boxers before, but this is the first we've had as a family. I'm prepared for the constant puppy phase!

·
Registered
5,526 Posts
LOL, yep Lindar, I see her and she certainly look's and sound's a whole lot like my Baby Girl! And that's a bit odd cuz the OP is in Europe?? But she does sound like exactly what I would expect in a Boxer! Except with the people thing I would go further, my Struddell thought that people were the best thing since Baked Bread! And she was right, but take note ... if she ever goes off in the middle of the night for no apparent reason?? Take heed because if that is not normal behavior?? It means something is up?? I learned that lesson the hard way bit it's another story. Boxer's are excellent "Watch Dog's," believe that. :)

But she will hide what she is really capable of behind a façade of "Goofy??" It's "complicated," but at the start train her with both, "Hand Signal," and "Verbal Command's." With recall that is what I did. And one day after numerous, times of "Struddell," come! I remember doing the same thing, sigh again and again. I called her and motioned with my hand and I saw the wheel's spin in her eye's?? Oh that is what he is babbling about! And after that break thru the rest was easy!

She was my "Open Desert," Bunny Chasing Dog, and I could call her off or on a chase with the word "No," It depended on if the Bunny broke towards the Hwy or the Mountain's?? So with a 5 sec delay ... she had no chance of actually catching one?? But she luv'd to try! :)

Sigh time moves on, I lost her in 2013 so I was looking. And I luv the girl's but my wife intervened in 2017 and now ... I have a "Female Boxer/Pit," and yeah "Zero," chance of "Open Desert Bunny Chasing!" I'd never see her again if I allowed that but my "issue," is "Bella," is a girl! And in Boxer World, you don't do two females! So sigh I gotta get boy.

Aww well, I got more but Welcome Aboard and this was my Struddell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts