Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! As far as answering your question... I can not. But there are several questions you should ask yourself first before getting into breeding. There are many people here that can tell you what those are and steer you in the "right" direction. I think we actually have more than one breeder on this forum... so you'll definitely get some responses.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Find a mentor!! They will be your biggest help! Please do not try to go in it blind. Really think about what you want for the breed.

In all honesty.. I do not see a  problem with "hobby" breeders (breeders that don't show).. As long as parents are healthy and have all tests done. And also as long as health guarantees (atleast 1 yr), 110% breeder support, and contracts (so the puppies don't end up in a shelter or get bred like machines) are included..

Excellent homes are a must!  :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
This is a post that I started dealing with how to find a reputable breeder. You might want to read it as it goes into a lot of detail about what a breeder's responsilbilty is

http://www.boxerforums.com/modules.php? ... opic&t=842

What Flutterby said about finding a mentor is VERY important..Your mentor is like a spiritual advisor..He/she can guide you, offer advice and a good mentor will always be totally objective,, which is what you need...

·
Registered
948 Posts
After reading over your thread, I was kind of curious... The right to breeders (Only breed once a year)... I read that if the bitch gets back to "normal" (for lack of a better term), they can be bred on the next heat... I was told its because the uterus is damaged with each heat... ? No idea though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts