Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

We recently just adopted (I'm going to consider it rescued) two boxer pups. We are working with our vet to restore their health. So far they are doing wonderful, gaining weight and adjusting very nicely.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only have sleeping pictures on my phone. LOL. I'll try to get some tonight or this weekend.

Champ and Tyson - Tyson has the white stripe down his nose. They are underweight right now but have gained a few ounces since we had them, especially after their vet trip and they got their dewormer and shots. They are on a pretty tight feeding schedule. They are also anemic and on vitamins per the vets instruction.

When we got them I spent nearly 3 hours of combined bathing to drown the fleas, wash off crusted blood, and then picking the fleas off with tweezers. I have never seen so many fleas. The vet gave me some flea meds to put on them, but I am kind of scared to do it right now with them being so skinny and anemic. I thought I would wait another week or so. What do you all think?

We did not pay for these pups and in no way advocate how they came into existence. :disgusted: We were actually looking to adopt ONE puppy from the shelter soon but a friend of the family told us about these puppies her sister had and explained their situation. These were the last two or else I probably would have taken them all to save them.

The pictures are Champ asleep on my lap, then the pups on the way to the vet. The pups rough housing while the ducks checked them out, some puppy love sleeping, and then Old Dog Ducky. (Ducky is an 11 year old lab/mix that was dropped off near a friends house with 5 of his litter mates.) He just had a bath this weekend AND got new puppies. He was less than thrilled.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One more of Champ and the tweezers I used to pick off fleas - F-O-R-E-V-E-R.

I can't believe out of all these pictures I don't have any of them playing other than with the ducks. LOL.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts