Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to this forum

I currently have a very mixed puppy born in the rescue and I've considered getting a boxer-breed to keep him company. I'd love more information on the various breeds

Thanks, and excited to be part of the community!

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hello! Welcome to the forum. I have a purebred boxer named Jax and a beagle/daschund mixed named Belle.
We got Belle shortly after our first boxer passed away. We found her at an animal shelter when she was 10 weeks old. 6 weeks later we got Jax. They get along great together. Jax is my second boxer. From my experience boxers are great dogs. They are very loving, playful, energetic, and full of energy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds great! How well do they typically get alone with other dogs? And with smaller dogs in particular

·
Registered
350 Posts
Jax seems to get along with other dogs great as long as he can see them. However, he doesn't like the neighbors dogs, but I think that's because there is a 6 foot privacy fence between them. He does very well at the vet. Belle however doesn't get along with any other dog besides Jax. She has the little the dog syndrome. Lol. When she goes to the vet they have to take her back and crate her until it is time for her to be seen.

·
Super Moderator
7,025 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you!

Our pup is nearing a year and a half and is pretty much fully trained, so maybe I should stop calling him a pup XD

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome, Im new here too. I have always had two boxers at a time, I love the way they play together. They do silly things like no other breed can do. I recently lost one of mine but one day after my greiving is over I would hope to fall in love with another. In my opinion, boxers are awesome dogs. Mine had always got along well together and seemed to enjoy each others company.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts