Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Im new to Boxer Forum. I've had boxers since 2002. I had to join a group to let my feelings out on the recent passing of my Mayjhor. My Mayjhor had his second birthday on 1-10-17. This last Saturday I noticed red spots all over his body (he was a sealed boxer--appeared all black) they were hard to notice but able to see when you got a 72 lb lover in your face. I freaked out and went straight to the 24 hr vet. I was told my baby had IMTP. I had never heard of it and I still wished I never did. Mayjhor died 2 days later. My loss is so huge I keep questioning why I didnt see this sooner? I know I cant bring him back and I know he is no longer hurting but I miss him with my entire being. This is not my first loss of a boxer my 1st boxer lived 10 years and had to be put down 4 years ago, he suffered from cancer. Two years ago, my other boxer died from cardiomyopathy. That is how Mayjhor came into my life. I refused to be without 2 boxers at all times (they are so silly together) but I am again left with just my Breezey now. I love him but Im so numb from my Mayjhor's passing and not to mention Breezey was diagnosed with a low grade heart mumor. I keep thinking why am I a gluton to this breed? However, I love them with all my heart. Please any encouraging words are appreciated in this very dark time. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Welcome to the forum and so sorry your loss is what brought you here. I am so sorry. Yes our breed has many health issues. Our boy is 2 1/2 years now. I never knew of all the health issues. My daughter bought him so we didn't know about all the health testing that should have been done prior to breeding. I think we got lucky though, his breeder was an ex showing of her dogs. I feel she was honest. I guess time will tell. We do worry but I guess even the best bred can end up with problems.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Linda, Losing that fur baby of mine was one of the hardest things yet. I still get overwhelmed with emotion and I expect that will happen for some time. Like I said I love this breed with all my heart and even to this date I wont rule out having another. I still have a 6 year old male named Breezey. He looks almost exactly like your baby. I havent figured out how to post pics yet?

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
If you want to add pictures, say to this thread..click on the go advanced button rather than the quick reply. Then click on the paper clip, upload your photo then add it and your done. At least thats how I do it from my mac

1 - 4 of 4 Posts